Alaska in June?

We went during August almost 5 years ago. Onboard, it was VERY chilly. I wore a winter jacket much of the time. However, the weather when we were in port was beautiful (still needed to wear long sleeves and pants). I do not recall any issue with bugs.

We went to Alaska three years ago on June 16. The weather was wonderful as far as temperature was concerned. We had a little drizzle of rain in Juneau but there is a gift shop right near the port that was giving everyone an unbrella (I'm still using it today). After we left Ketchican and on our way to Haines the wind was real strong so you need to hold on to your glasses, hats, etc if you go out on deck. We were told that the cruise the week before us had rain everyday but that is the chance you take. We are thinking about going back again next summer and if we do it will be in the middle or last of June. I have been looking at [url]www.kroooz-cams.com[/url] at the ships and the pictures of Juneau show a lot of smoke from the fires. I sure hope it doesn't completely ruin Alaska. No matter when you go, you will be amazed at all the beauty.

I was in Alaska in mid-June in 1998, we walked around in all the ports and did some excursions away from the ports themselves, and I don't remember having a problem with bugs. That is a great time to go to Alaska as the weather was in the upper 60's and low 70's (except at glacier viewing which was much cooler). The "evening sun" experience is amazing!

Have a great cruise!

tupperstamper..... I have cruised to Alaska in June 03 and June 04. We experienced "mosquitoes".....only on one excursion....

I have some great photos of my family (all bundled up)....trying to escape the mosquitoes.

Personally, I would not hesitate to cruise Alaska in June...again.

Just got back from Alaska on Sunday after a two week land and cruise trip (and it was wonderful!). We didn't have any bugs, and had unseasonably hot weather for the first week. Even the second week was very mild. It was our first trip to Alaska, but was wonderful weather all around...no bugs, even in Denali!

Archived