12x12x12 Collapsible Coolers Found!! Cheap!

Hey all you CC freinds! There is lots of talk about the coolers that Carnival will allow to be brought onboard now. I was in our local

"W-GRN" Brand Drugstore tonight and while looking around I spotted a HUGE display of collapsible coolers. They are subzero brand and come in several sizes. The 18can size is $5.99. I got the 30 can size and it measures 12x10x10(roughly) and it was only $7.99 and comes in several colors. It comes folded neatly and is about the size of a mans polo shirt when folded. I tested it out when I got home by filling it with some water to check for leaks...It did not leak which was my only concern with the $7.99 pricetag. Great to stick in a suitcase or carryon bag, or load up with the sodas and carry it on "loaded". This is a good find if you are lookin to take your "soda fix" onboard. I'll use mine in 24 days! Happy Sailing Everyone!!!!

as I haven't found one yet that is leakproof. Will check it out. Thanks..

I agree. Most will hold water for the first day or 2, but they eventually start to seep. No big deal. I just keep it in the bathroom on the floor when filled with my favorite smuggled adult beverages!

as I haven't found one yet that is leakproof. Will check it out. Thanks..

I have used two different types of collapsible rolling coolers both have a nice inside removable liner that does not leak. The problem is with all that ice in them they will sweat just like your non insulated toilet tank does on humid days in the summer. It looks like the cooler is leaking but it's really just sweat. The shower or balcony is the best place to keep it.

John

Ooooo... Thanks, I'll look for that one!!!

I have success with a larger one that has a rolling catr thingy with it. Coleman, I believe. I just line it with a garbage bag and in the cabin, I don't even have sweat... The stewards have always been wonderful and kept it full! One special steward saw the door open once while we were having a cocktail party, and grabbed it and refilled it with ice for us. They love to take care of us!!

I can't carry this one onto the ship loaded, because it's bigger than is allowed. But folded up empty in the suitcase is fine... and since it rolls, it becomes an extra rolling carry-off when I debark... and it's filled with snacks and beverages and ice for the drive home...

Are we allowed to bring them onboard "loaded"

Yes. We had ours loaded with bottled water and soda and ice. We just brought it with us. It must be within the 12 x 12 x 12 or they will refuse to let you bring it. Also, don't put alcohol in it or it will be confiscated. Always pack the good stuff in your checked luggage;)

I have found that if you use a thin stream of cheap superglue along the inside seams of the collapsable coolers it will render them leakproof, short of a puncture. Bought a cheap cooler that leaked like a sieve til I tried that, now it won't leak a drop w/water in it for days at a time.

i have that brand of cooler. i got it al w***ns for $2.00. i use it everywhere. mine does leak but i just keep it in the bathtub in the hotel or cruise. do you think if i put a carnival tag on it i can get thru check point when i go thru, or should i go thru security. i won't put ice it til i get to my room, or should i just put in my suitcase. i want to take a 12 pack of beer. my other booze is already bubble wrapped and in my suitcase. i leave in 2 weeks.

So they let you carry on a 12x12x12 cooler with bottled water and soda on the ship? We fly in the day before and plan on buying bottled water but didn't want to put it in the suitcase since we plan on putting a case of beer in the suitcase or in a carry on bag with our luggage. Will it make it to our cabin?

I have found that if you use a thin stream of cheap superglue along the inside seams of the collapsable coolers it will render them leakproof, short of a puncture. Bought a cheap cooler that leaked like a sieve til I tried that, now it won't leak a drop w/water in it for days at a time.

I'll have to try this . . . even the good coolers we've bought all leak after a while. We always keep them sitting in the shower also.

So they let you carry on a 12x12x12 cooler with bottled water and soda on the ship? We fly in the day before and plan on buying bottled water but didn't want to put it in the suitcase since we plan on putting a case of beer in the suitcase or in a carry on bag with our luggage. Will it make it to our cabin?

1. Yes to the 12x12x12 cooler with bottled water and soda.

2. No to the case of beer in the carry on; probably yes to the case of beer in checked luggage.

I was going to put the beer with my checked luggage. Some people said they will find it and take it. But how to others get it on?

The checked luggage. Occasionally people will get busted with alcohol in their checked luggage, but the majority by far make it just fine.

I bought a collapsable cooler that I was going to pack in my suitcase, but it is larger than 12x12. So, this isn't ok? When packed it looks like a large tote. Should I look for another?

Depends if your going on the ship with it loaded or not if it isn't that much bigger its not a big deal. Most of the cruise lines just aren't letting the big plastic coolers. So it will be fine:D

Oh quick tid bit Wal-***t has great and cheap expandable coolers!!!!

Archived