LIVE FROM THE STAR! We TILTED!

theshireshihtzu

Well we were at the pool, got some sun...beautiful day!Went back to our state room to make some drinks and we were enjoying watching a huge whale and lots of dolphins.....

when all of the sudden the ship tilted!:eek: Not a little....ALOT

we were listing over and our bar set up and everthing in our room flew on the floor!:eek: :eek: :eek: Including the coffee maker!

The ship was finally righted, you could hear passangers screaming.

The captian came on and said everything was ok.....he seemed a bit out of breath;).

Today he made a fomal announcment...something to affect human error...and promised it would not happen again...the waiters were saying they had never had it happen before....plates and food and drinks flying everywhere....visions of the posiden adventure and titanic flashed by me!

everyone on board is talking about it. I guess some people were hurt.

I don't know all the details....WOW!

Anyhow the ship is beautiful and we will be at sea again today.

Hopefully right side up:D

Oh my Goodness. :eek: I just got off on Tuesday! I am thinking of all of the staff on board I just met last week. I hope everyone is ok and the injuries are only minor! I also hope you can enjoy the rest of your week on board.

:eek: Oh my - I'm glad that you are alright. I hope you can go on to enjoy your cruise fear free! I have not heard anything else about this though. I wonder to what degree the ship listed?

Where were you when the ship tilted? I haven't heard anything about it on the news. DH usually tells me about cruise related news. I hope everyone is all right and you can enjoy the rest of your cruise worry-free.

anyone get any other info? Nothing on the NCL Press Room site...

I doubt NCL will put a press release out about it unless the media seizes upon it.

I wonder how long it will be before we start seeing the "cruise from hell" threads on here and people demanding a free cruise and full refund......

We leave on saturday, i'm now worried. (its not about NCL but ANY boat!)

how much drugs should i be taking (the legal ones y'all:p )

-Q

We were on the Crown Princess shortly after her tilt. I advocate drinking heavily, preferably lots of those little fru-fru drinks with umbrellas in them. :D

I doubt NCL will put a press release out about it unless the media seizes upon it.

I wonder how long it will be before we start seeing the "cruise from hell" threads on here and people demanding a free cruise and full refund......

Sad but true.... you know it will happen. :(

We were on the Crown Princess shortly after her tilt. I advocate drinking heavily, preferably lots of those little fru-fru drinks with umbrellas in them. :D

You were the guy in the picture that was LICKING all the spilled drinks off the counter?

My DH and I were just talking about how last week while on the Star during the Q & A someone asked Captain Lars about the ship that had tilted last year. He replied about it being human error and it would not happen on his ship. :o Very strange it happened right after that. I hope I can read soon about how everyone is.

How exciting!! Of course I say that feeling secure that there have been no serious injuries... and hopefully no minor ones. If any are reported, I'll feel differently. I've mentioned on a couple of threads that on our honeymoon, a tour bus we were on was hit by a semi. Thankfully nobody was hurt, so it just became a really unique travel story that we still talk about today.

I also hope everyone is able to enjoy the rest of their cruise, although I'm sure there will be some passengers who will not. It must have been very frightening, especially for anyone who has seen the Poseidon movies! I'll definitely be very interested to know what happened... and I'm still looking forward to sailing on her in January!

My DH and I were just talking about how last week while on the Star during the Q & A someone asked Captain Lars about the ship that had tilted last year. He replied about it being human error and it would not happen on his ship. :o Very strange it happened right after that..

Guess he was tempting fate!

The same sort of thing happened to us on the Norwegian Sky a few years ago! NO FUN AT ALL (but we still enjoyed the cruise). Bars were a mess and had a really strong booze smell for a while. People "washed" out of the pool! Found one of my kids in the Library helping to shelve books (never thought I'd find him in a library). Found the other son in our cabin wearing his life vest!

OMG, I was in port on the Spirit with the Princess ship when that happened last July and I can't image being on a ship if this happenes. I don't think I would get on another ship, it just would be so weird.

Archived