Glory or Dream?

MrBanana1240

My family and I wanna go to the Western Caribbean. I want to take the Dream becuase its closer to my grandfather and its easier for him to get to, but it doesnt call at Grand Cayman, instead Costa Maya, Mexico. The Glory calls at Grand Cayman. Grand Cayman is my mothers favorite port, and it does look very beautiful, however my grandfather would have to drive 3 hours to Miami. The Dream is newer, but the Glory has FunShip 2.0 Please help me. If you have been to Cayman and/or Costa Maya or on the dream and/or glory please share opinions! Thanks!

I suspect I'm in the minority but after stingrays and 7 mile beach I find GC boring (and expensive!) Much prefer CM but must get away from the CCL-inspired shopping atrocity. A short and inexpensive cab to Majujaul and the Tropicante is much more to my liking even if the port time is short (7-2). Dream is a great ship and was not impressed with Glory although it was 3 years ago before the upgrade. Sailing Dream again in July-western.

We loved the Glory. My wife took some great pictures if you look through her review (link below).

Josh the cruise director was awesome, and one of our favorite things on the ship was the Alchemy Bar which was a 2.0 upgrade.

I am going on the Glory for the first time in April so I have no review for that yet but we did sail on the Dream in 2011 and it's gorgeous. It's newer and larger than Glory. I'm not sure if you would miss the 2.0 upgrade b/c the Dream is so new. It has the outdoor screen, the hot tubs all around the deck (which you can walk all around the outside of the ship on that one deck). It's got great bars and a great water park area. Again, only going by specs for the Glory since I have yet to go on it, but I can tell you the Dream is gorgeous and HUGE. :) We had a blast on that ship. It has 2 pools as well, which was nice.

I'd say the Dream. We cruised Glory in 2011 for our honeymoon and the Dream 2012 for our 1 year anniversary. I'd say the Dream only because of Costa Maya. We LOVED it there. If I could put together a cruise that stops any 3-4 ports in the Carribean Costa Maya would make the list for sure. As far as the ship differences I didn't really notice much. But then again we don't typically do a lot around the ship. We cruise for the ports of call.

We did the Glory last year. It is a wonderful ship. Very well taken care of and the staff is amazing. Our itinerary called for Cozumel, Belize, Isla Roaton, and Grand Cayman but because of a scheduling issue Belize was switched for Costa Maya. I have to say, it was a very big disappointment. Not much to do and the area is not built up. Not much shopping and the only excursions really were dolphin swim or seeing the ruins.

I will say that the water and beach were incredible. If you're looking for a place to just hang out on the beach and enjoy the beauty, this might be for you. We took a cab to the "downtown" area and they had lots of seating.

My family and I wanna go to the Western Caribbean. I want to take the Dream becuase its closer to my grandfather and its easier for him to get to, but it doesnt call at Grand Cayman, instead Costa Maya, Mexico. The Glory calls at Grand Cayman. Grand Cayman is my mothers favorite port, and it does look very beautiful, however my grandfather would have to drive 3 hours to Miami. The Dream is newer, but the Glory has FunShip 2.0 Please help me. If you have been to Cayman and/or Costa Maya or on the dream and/or glory please share opinions! Thanks!

I have never been on the Glory BUT I have been on the Dream ... no contest for me Dream wins hands down first Carnival ship and loved her

We've been on both, but we were on Glory before the 2.0 upgrade. Both are great ships, but I prefer the Dream...and sailing out of Port Canaveral is so much better than Miami! (I'm thinking your grandfather must live close to us!)

As far as ports, I prefer Grand Cayman over Costa Maya, we like to snorkel, and GC has some good snorkeling spots! Both places have incredible beaches, but that is something we really don't care about...we live 10 minutes from beaches, and hardly ever go!:o

I have sailed both ships. They each have good points. What about 2.0 motivates you? Guy Ferieri burgers? The Dream has a Lanai BBQ. Not the same but good. Dream got the 2.0 comedy club and Taste Bar and Red Frog and Blue Iguana. Just the bar not dining/cantina. But Dream has a burrito bar and throw in an Indian Tandoori. Also Dream has pasta upstairs and Glory has Fish & Chips. I like the aft hot tub and retractable roof on the Glory but the Dream has a nicer slide area and larger bball court (important to my teen). Dream is a little bigger which I like because there is more area to cover. There is not the Hasbro games on Dream but not sure what you like to do onboard. I've never been bored on the ship before 2.0.

For me, price, convenience and ports but remember.... Ports can change. My cruise booked in July went from 3 ports to 4 AND 2 are the same from the original 3. It is really a completely different itinerary than I booked.

Archived