Help with choosing cruise line with pre teens

lfresa

I am asking for some advice for the summer. I was wondering if the NCL line is good for kids ages 15 and 13? I am caught in between the Mariner of the Sea's, Carival Liberty out of Florida and the NCL out of New York. I have cruised both carival and RCC but cost is a factor this summer and to save money and not to have to fly out of CT that would be great. Any help would be greatly appreciated. .. I just want to make sure there is enought for them to do on the ship of we go out of New York on NCL. :)

I am asking for some advice for the summer. I was wondering if the NCL line is good for kids ages 15 and 13? I am caught in between the Mariner of the Sea's, Carival Liberty out of Florida and the NCL out of New York. I have cruised both carival and RCC but cost is a factor this summer and to save money and not to have to fly out of CT that would be great. Any help would be greatly appreciated. .. I just want to make sure there is enought for them to do on the ship of we go out of New York on NCL. :)

We sailed on the Spirit out of NYC last August and had a great time. Our kids age 8 and 11 really liked the Kids Crew programs.

Freestyle is great for our family. We were able to eat in different restaurants, at different times based on our schedule. We were even able to have dinner for 2 a few times when the kids were fed early and having fun with their friends in Kids Crew.

My wife and I have sailed Carnival, RCCL, and Cunard several years ago without kids. We are looking forward to NCL again, on the Dawn in Agust 2007.:)

We sailed RCCL Mariner last spring and NCL Jewel last summer with our 11 year old. She had a good time on both ships, but I'd have to say RCCL has more to offer for preteens and teenagers...especially the teens-only outside deck. I know that on NCL the preteens were using the teens' club daily, so I have no idea where they had the 13 and up group or what they were doing.

Long and short of it is that you should pick the cruise that works best for you overall...any of those lines will offer stuff for the kids, so they won't be bored no matter what you do!

• 1 month later...

Archived