Everything you ever wanted to know about San Juan/Puerto Rico...and MORE!

Best Buds

We read everything we could about Puerto Rico and Old San Juan in the last 6 months and every time we came on something helpful we wrote it down and then put it all on a mini-website at bestbuds.xoompages.com. It now includes all the great attractions (like El Yunque, Camuy Caves, Arecibo Observatory and the bioluminescent bay at Laguna Grande, etc.), the best beaches for snorkeling or surfing (the "most photographed beach" at Luquillo), the best shops and the best restaurants including those that serve traditional food, the best nightlife and local music spots, the best walking tours (including free trolley rides back to the pier), the cheapest and fastest ways to get around the island, all the museums, historic forts and churches, fancy places to shop and gamble in Condado and Isla Verde, the danger spots to avoid even in the daytime and we included a few photos and enough good maps to get you started.

(Yes, it does take some time to download but if you have lots of questions about San Juan or Puerto Rico; it is well worth the wait!)

The best part of all is that we included ALL the hyperlinks to websites that we used to help us plan our very own Eastern Caribbean cruise! And just recently we added a list of all the favorite tunes recommended by cruisecritic members to get them in the cruising mood!

We'll be leaving for Puerto Rico on October 6th and we don't need this information any more....but maybe you do!!!!

I saw your mini-website and just have to thank you for a wondeful job.

You covered everything. Easy to read. I hope that you have a nice cruise and I guess you know what you are doing once you reach the San Juan port but I would like to ask you something, can you e-mail me

Hi, I appreciate you sharing this valulable information with all of us. I was unable to access your link. I will be sailing out of San Juan on 1-28-07. Everything is in place with the exception of finding the right hotel for 1-27-08. I really don't want to pay $300 for just 1 night. I will if people on these boards think it is worth the money. Should we really stay in old San Juan, or are there other hotels that will provide us with what we are looking for. Which is: safe (it will 2 females), close to many attractions within walking distance and easy to get to the pier.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Terri

We're traveling to san juan in 10 days. Your website is very helpful. I get so caught up in booking the perfect cabin that I never focus enough energy on the ports. You've made my first port research easy. Thanks again.:)

Hi, I appreciate you sharing this valulable information with all of us. I was unable to access your link. I will be sailing out of San Juan on 1-28-07. Everything is in place with the exception of finding the right hotel for 1-27-08. I really don't want to pay $300 for just 1 night. I will if people on these boards think it is worth the money. Should we really stay in old San Juan, or are there other hotels that will provide us with what we are looking for. Which is: safe (it will 2 females), close to many attractions within walking distance and easy to get to the pier.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Terri

I also could not access the links, so I printed the pages with links that I wanted and printed pages with info that I wanted. I hope this helps.

BestBuds, thanks for sharing.

Hi,

We will have about half a day to tour San Juan before we fly home. Does anyone have any suggestions where we could safely leave our luggage? We were thinking of asking at the Sheraton hotel, but we're not sure they would allow it.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

We will have about half a day to tour San Juan before we fly home. Does anyone have any suggestions where we could safely leave our luggage? We were thinking of asking at the Sheraton hotel, but we're not sure they would allow it.

Most hotels will have a secure room where you can leave your luggage after check out. To be sure, I would call them in advance and ask.

Archived