Indy - Canaries

cocowills

We are going from Southampton to Canaries, do all passengers get on in Southampton, or do passengers also start there holidays from other ports we call at.

Last year while on MSC around the Med, people embarked and disembarked at most ports, found this a nightmare for noise at night/early morning with where our cabin was situated..

Dont worry about noise on Indy, we have stayed in promenade rooms, which have been next to staff service areas and very rarely if at all have we heard any noise, even looking out onto the promenade when there is a big event going on with loud music etc you cant hear it, so they are well insulated cabins, we have been on ships before with interconnecting doors, that have been locked and even so you can hear the next room having a conversation! Avoid those rooms like mad now, worst cabin we had for noise from next door was Costa Concordia, the walls were paper thin on her as for Indy, dont worry, she is well insulated and she is 'my' ship, we were on her maiden voyage plus a few times since, she is lovely!!! Enjoy!

:(Glad I'm not the only one worried about noisy cabin!

Does anyone know what is situated next to cabin 6563 ? I know it overlooks the promenade, but from diagram we can't tell what is next door ? Hope it's not a staff service area,

Just remember to close the curtains ;)

Indy is rather sound proof. We have stayed in cabins near the lifts, next to interconnecting cabins, near service areas and we have had nothing but a peaceful nights sleep.

They time all the "street" shows so it doesn't run too late as to disturb other passengers.

Have a good time won't you

CK x

We are going from Southampton to Canaries, do all passengers get on in Southampton, or do passengers also start there holidays from other ports we call at.

Last year while on MSC around the Med, people embarked and disembarked at most ports, found this a nightmare for noise at night/early morning with where our cabin was situated..

That's a good point I never thought about. Another reason why not to sail MSC and Costa which also may have embarkation/debarkation in several ports, unless you are planning on getting off the ship early in that port for sightseeing.

That's a good point I never thought about. Another reason why not to sail MSC and Costa which also may have embarkation/debarkation in several ports, unless you are planning on getting off the ship early in that port for sightseeing.

We've been on two MSC Cruises, the one around the greek island was a fab cruise, only picked up at Venice then Bari which where the first two days. The one we picked up nearly every day was around the Med.

We've been on two MSC Cruises, the one around the greek island was a fab cruise, only picked up at Venice then Bari which where the first two days. The one we picked up nearly every day was around the Med.
Glad you enjoyed your cruises with them. However, I'm not keen on booking with either line. As I mentioned, this was just another reason. I have several others so it wouldn't change my mind. That's just how I feel. Fine for others but not worth risking the $ to find out whether or not it's right from me based on other's reports.

Archived