San Juan Catholic Mass Times

worldgirl

I will be in San Juan staying at the Carib Hilton on Saturday September 25th, I would like to attend mass on Staurday night, does anyone know of a catholic church that has Saturday evening mass. Thanks

The Cathedral in OSJ does a 7pm Sat eve mass. It will be in Spanish.

http://www.catedralsanjuan.com/index_files/horarios.htm

In March 2010, my family and I found an English mass in a RC church about 5 minutes slow-walking distance from the Marriott Stellaris. Saturday was at 4:30 (English), 6:00 (Sp), Sunday 12:30 (English). I kept the bulletin (in case you were thinking my memory was that good).

It is located at 69 Calle Cervantes. About a block from Yerba Buena.

***EDIT*** I forgot to put in the name of the church (see comment about memory, above): Stella Maris Parish

Are any of the masses at the cathedral in English?? What about any other churches? We would like to go on Sunday morning somewhere?

the masses are in spanish in all the cathedrals, the music used is traditional puerto rican music with spanish guitars and panderetas. it is worth the cultural experience in my opinion.

the only english mass that i know in Puerto Rico is on a saturday at 430 and sunday at 1230 only in a small parish in the tourist zone of Condado just one block away from the Mariott Stelaris Hotel, the parish is called Stella Maris. the rest of their service ( weekdays at 7am and 6pm, saturday at 6pm and sunday 8am, 11am, 6pm is regular mass service in spanish language)

http://www.emym.org/parroquias/56.html

We'll be there on a Sunday at the end of January and plan on doing the same, I'm sure it's quite and experience. Does anyone know how long it would take from the Marriott Stellaris, we will take a bus to the terminal in OSJ but from there I would need directions. Thanks a bunch. :)

We went to Mass at the Cathedral and had a great experience attending Spanish Mass. And we don't speak Spanish. The Cathedral is awesome.

• 8 months later...
The Cathedral in OSJ does a 7pm Sat eve mass. It will be in Spanish.

http://www.catedralsanjuan.com/index_files/horarios.htm

So glad I found this! They have a 12:15 p.m. service during the week and that's perfect as we'll be there on a Wednesday (and only until 3:30, so we'll have to be back on board before 3 - my hubby is golfing and after my massage I need something to do). I want to see the Cathedral and take pictures anyway, so fab. And sure, it's in Spanish, but that's the beauty of the Catholic Church - it doesn't matter what language, you know what's going on during mass even if you can't understand the priest :) Yay!

Archived