Can tanning bed lotion be used outdoors as well?

suzeyQ

I dont know how much the lotion was but my tanning lotions are always kinda costy. I think you would tan just as well with a brand like Hawaiian Tropics, etc... I wouldnt waste the indoor tanning lotion on the outdoors. I do know that the kind we buy for outdoors isnt effective when used in tanning beds. Certain brands are specific to indoor tanning.

SuzeyQ: your tanning lotion, used in the tanning bed, will not have any sunscreen in it, therefore, not good for outside use. The tanning bed lotion has ingredients in it that enhances your body's ability to tan faster (got this off the label on my lotion). I was told by the manager of the tanning salon I visit that to get a great tan, mix the tanning bed lotion with a suntan lotion with an SF4 or SF8. At least you will get some sunscreen protection if you want to use your tanning bed lotion. I'm going to give it a try on my Feb. 26th cruise.

Mixing lotions is a good idea. I'm not crazy about only using a lotion with no sunscreen in it, but if the lotion will help me to tan better, I'd like to use it. I'd also like to get a little more use out of it, since it'll probably be a year before I go to a tanning bed again and the lotion will probably have gone bad since then!!

I spent a small fortune on my tanning lotion for the tanning bed and am wondering whether I can use it for tanning on the cruise as well. Anyone know?

Are you going to the caribbean? If you are then NO! You will fry without any kind of sunblock and I don't care how dark skinned you are.

We wore Bullfrog (spf 45) the end of June and still got dark tans.

My daughter who tans very easily and gets a good deep tan uses this product and it does have SPF 4

elemis tan accelerator

A pre-tanning lotion that helps to maximise your ability to tan by boosting the skins natural melonin production, for best results apply daily for 1-2 weeks before a holiday or sunbathing.

I am a year round tanner - indoor & out.

Be very careful using your indoor products outside - as mentioned no sunscreen at all. The indoor products work slightly different on your skin.

Personally I have used many of my products outside. One of my favorites is called Melted Butter - it's a light spray.

Archived