Fulton Street Garage Parking

zenful6219

I'm interested in using the Fulton Street Parking Garage while on a cruise. We leave on 11/13/2010. I know that Fulton Street charges $10/day and has a shuttle. I also know that they have an online reservation site.

Is it necessary to make an advance reservation?

How secure is the garage?

How often do shuttles run from the garage to the port terminal?

Any experiences, good or bad, would be great and thanks in advance for the information.

I park there with a monthly contract because I work in downtown New Orleans.

I think you will be ok without making a reservation for the parking, just make sure you do not park in a reserved space, or on the 4th floor where spots are reserved for Hertz car rentals.

As far as security, I've been parking there nearly two years with no problems. The garage is locked up overnight on weekdays from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. and stays open later in the evenings on weekends. Use common sense when parking, like parking on the lowest level possible as there is more traffic on the lower levels than on the upper levels, remove any valuables, and make sure you lock your car, and you should be OK.

The shuttle runs continuously (about every 10 to 15 minutes or so) when cruise ships are in port.

Hope this helps!

• 3 years later...
How long will it take to get from Brookhaven MS to Cruise Port in New Orleans. Given traffic on a late Sunday morning Dec 8, with a Saints game in town? Thanks in advance.

Google Maps says 2 hours taking I-55 South, but to be safe, I'd say add about half an hour to that for Saints traffic and negotiating downtown NOLA on game day.

I have known it to take as much as 4 hours to get from Hammond to NOLA, so you never really know. I'd plan for 3 hours, and if it only takes 2, all the better.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm interested in using the Fulton Street Parking Garage while on a cruise. We leave on 11/13/2010. I know that Fulton Street charges $10/day and has a shuttle. I also know that they have an online reservation site.

Is it necessary to make an advance reservation?

How secure is the garage?

How often do shuttles run from the garage to the port terminal?

Any experiences, good or bad, would be great and thanks in advance for the information.

I drove to New Orleans alone and cruised solo.

I was thinking about making a reservation for parking,but was still debating on to park either at port or Fulton St.

When arriving close to the port, you will see people with signage for Fulton St. Parking with the rates. I decided to go with them.

I had no issues with the garage and was able to get a good space.

The guys working for the garage were nice and joked with me while waiting on the shuttle. They were apologetic about the wait for the shuttle (it wasn't that long to me) because returning with people from port.

The driver showed me where to meet the shuttle when leaving the ship.

On coming back, did have to wait awhile for the shuttle. But it wasn't a long wait.

Be advise that the return to the garage was a full shuttle,esp with the luggage.

If you are one of the first on the shuttle, your luggage will be at the bottom and last to get it back.

What made it even longer to return to my car was people were told to not take luggage on the elevator and return to the curb for pick up. Of course you had people who wanted to do what they wanted and these two groups hogged the elevator with their luggage which resulted in the others having to wait for a fourth trip to even get on :mad:!

I also like that leaving the Fulton garage was little traffic and able to head off in no time. This is unlike the port parking where it takes you awhile to get out the area.

I would park there again if driving to New Orleans.