? about "guests" to a HMC cabana?

PattiPB

Hello everybody!

I would like to get a cabana for my parents on our upcoming Carnival cruise. However, we are a family of 27, and I'm sure my nearest and dearest relatives will want to hang out near my parents.

I'm not trying to "get over" or "sneak people in". I'm not looking for extra drinks or special service. I'm just curious if it would be a problem if my parents grandchildren sit on the deck with them, KWIM??

Hope somebody has some insight for me. TIA.

I have the same question. I know there is an extra charge for more people but what if our friends are doing an excursion and might want to meet up with us. Will they be allowed to "visit" if they want after their excursion?

$50.00 per person for each additional person. The base rate is for Four people.

If your looking to accommodate 27 people, you might want to consider the "Grand Cabana" I think it costs around $1,100. Food and bar are included.

$50.00 per person for each additional person. The base rate is for Four people.

If your looking to accommodate 27 people, you might want to consider the "Grand Cabana" I think it costs around $1,100. Food and bar are included.

I'm not trying to accommodate 27 people at all. I'm just curious if anyone has ever had a situation where someone sat with or near them at the cabana. Don't want more food, drinks, extra snorkel vest, NADA! I just don't want a situation where my S&S is charged for extra people because a 7 yo grandchild wants to sit on PopPop's lap!

Maybe I'm not being clear??? Thanks to all who have responded, and I'm still hoping to hear from somebody whose BTDT.

I'm not trying to accommodate 27 people at all. I'm just curious if anyone has ever had a situation where someone sat with or near them at the cabana. Don't want more food, drinks, extra snorkel vest, NADA! I just don't want a situation where my S&S is charged for extra people because a 7 yo grandchild wants to sit on PopPop's lap!

Maybe I'm not being clear??? Thanks to all who have responded, and I'm still hoping to hear from somebody whose BTDT.

I understand you completely. I leave on the triumph may 19th and will return the 26th. I don't know when you will be traveling but if I get back before you go I will tell you how it worked out for us;)

Patti - got this from the other post. I asked the same question and here is a response I got.....

There have been posts from a couple of different people telling us that they were charged for each additional person (above 4) that was using the cabana. The cabana guys (or butler) reported this, and the additional charges appeared on their cruise account. If I remember correctly, one of the posters reported that a 5th person was a child, and they were still charged.

The cabanas aren't that big. Four can sit around the table (with not much room on the sides), and there are a couple of loungers on the front deck. Beyond that, not many more people would even fit in the cabana.

If you're going to have more than four in the cabana, they may charge you...so just be prepared if they do (you may have someone who won't report this, but you might-kind of like the corkage fee in the DR for wine you bring on the ship. We ended up paying a corkage fee each night, where I've read some didn't have to pay it at all...it just depends on how the employee wants to handle things). We loved our day there, and can't wait to return to HMC.

Thanks, acwillie! I read your thread as well, and can't believe we are the only people in this situation!

Have an awesome time, and I'll be looking for your trip report.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks, acwillie! I read your thread as well, and can't believe we are the only people in this situation!

Have an awesome time, and I'll be looking for your trip report.

Hi Patti - Just returned from a great cruise. We were glad we had our cabana when we were there because it rained. But not for long. Our friends did meet us there and sat and relaxed and even borrowed or snorkel equipment and didn't get charged extra. I think it all depends on who is watching over the cabanas.

Thank you very much for getting back to me! I appreciate the follow-up, because I'm still not sure if it will work for our group.

I hope you write a detailed review when you get your land legs back. Here's hoping you had the time of your life!

• 2 weeks later...

PattiPB,

We just got back from a cruise last week and rented a cabana on Half Moon Cay last week (the red one at the far end of the beach). Although the cabana was intended for 4 people, there were 19 of us in our group and we all spent time at some point during the day in the cabana with our parents. We did not request any extra food or drink or anything else so no one ever said a word to us. We only saw our cabana attendant twice the entire day so it was never a problem for us to be there.

You should be fine with more people as long as you don't ask them to bring extra food or drink. The island is beautiful and the cabanas were great for our parents. The rest of us spent most of the day in the water or in lounge chairs close to the cabana. You won't have any trouble being with your family in the cabana.

• 2 months later...

They charge you $50 p/p for additional people, but still the max # for IN the cabana is 6... and they bring food and drink for only up to 6. I can not believe there would be any issue with friends and family gathering around the cabana, or the area in front of it... there would be an issue if you were trying to get your attendant to take care of any of the extra people. Since you won't be, it won't be a problem. The beach area in front of the cabanas is not restricted to jsut cabana guests (at least it wasn't on our trip in 2006).

Archived