Restaurant Fifteen in Amsterdam

Any opinions on Restaurant Fifteen in Amsterdam? From what I read on their Home Page, it is a restaurant that trains future waiters and chefs. Do I want to pay the prices shown on their menu for student waiters and student chefs?

Any opinions on Restaurant Fifteen in Amsterdam? From what I read on their Home Page, it is a restaurant that trains future waiters and chefs. Do I want to pay the prices shown on their menu for student waiters and student chefs?

I've eaten in these types of restaurants in Canada. The waiters and chefs are usually close to graduation from training. New waiters and chefs won't be doing the bulk of the serving or cooking. I've had some very good meals (usually a little slower service) due to time isn't a great issue. Usually relatively inexpensive .:cool:

It is owned & run by Jamie Oliver ...he takes troubled youth & trains them for the restaurant business

That said ...I heard you need to book well in advance

Never tried it but check on trip advisor for reviews

Jamie Oliver is a high profile celebrity chef in the UK who started the original Fifteen training restaurant in London years ago. It was very successful and he now has a number of these restaurants in the UK as well as a few abroad. They are very popular. The cooking style is Italian.

On a general point, I have often dined in restaurants attached to catering colleges. I have always found them very good because the students are being closely supervised and assessed, unlike many other rstaurants where the staff can be inattentive.

we ate there a couple of years ago,its quite expensive,the meal was ok but nothing to write home about,we ate in the evening

As said the 15 resturant chain was started by Jamie oliver to give training to disadvantaged youths

Archived