Question about children

cruise kipie

Most schools will be out of session during those seven days so I would expect a lot of children. Holiday cruises are more expensive which might cut the number a bit, but I think you should expect a large population of children and teenagers on that cruise.

Most schools will be out of session during those seven days so I would expect a lot of children. Holiday cruises are more expensive which might cut the number a bit, but I think you should expect a large population of children and teenagers on that cruise.

This is true! Our DD's family frequently takes Christmas/New Year's cruises on Celebrity with their two girls who are now in their teens. There have always been a fairly large number of children/teens cruising with them.

Normally the answer would be YES!! School holiday periods generally have a lot of kids and the one New Year's Eve cruise we took (on RCL) had a huge number of kids on it..

But - the Eclipse cruise is a 14 night cruise and there are generally significantly less children on those than on shorter cruises. Since you don't leave until the 29th the cruise will extend a week or more past the date most schools resume after the holidays (typically Jan 2nd or the next Monday following). I'd say that your cruise will likely have more kids than the Eclipse cruises that will follow it but significantly less than shorter holiday cruises.

Good Point, Larry! Not leaving until the 29th for a 14 day would mean far less older children.

Mine leave before Christmas and have needed to miss a day of school from time to time BUT a whole week is something that would never happen.

LuLu

Archived