Hotels closest to cruise dock in Sydney

To help me in the notes, details, and recommendations I am collecting....

what are the hotels closest to the cruise dock to make embarkation day as easy as possible. Thanks you! :)

Cruise line is RCI and ship is Rhapsody of the sea.

For the moment (and always subject to change), the Rhapsody of the Seas is currently scheduled to be in Circular Quay (Overseas Passenger Terminal), so here is a list (not comprehensive), but a list of accommodations nearby to this location:

All of the following are identified as 4-5 star properties within 1/4 mile (.4km) of Circular Quay and average between $188-$408/night depending on date of stay.

Sydney Harbour Marriott at Circular Quay (0.0 mi away)

Four Seasons Hotel Sydney (0.1 mi away)

Sir Stamford at Circular Quay (0.1 mi away)

Establishment Hotel (0.1 mi away)

Mantra 2 Bond Street Sydney (0.2 mi away)

Quay West Suites Sydney (0.2 mi away)

Harbour Rocks Hotel (0.2 mi away)

Sofitel Sydney Wentworth (0.2 mi away)

Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney (0.2 mi away)

Rendezvous Stafford Hotel (0.2 mi away)

Quay Grand Suites Sydney (0.2 mi away)

Shangri-La Hotel Sydney (0.2 mi away)

If you have any additional questions, please let us know and we'll do what we can to assist... Thanks!

-- Darin

cruisechaos at gmail dot com

http://www dot thenextjourney dot com

We spent a week at the Sir Stamford at Circular Quay following a cruise last November, and absolutely loved the hotel. The staff was wonderful, the room very large and well appointed, and the location perfect. We also liked the fact that it is an Australian hotel chain. I suspect we will return again to Sydney, and would definitely stay at the Sir Stamford again.

To help me in the notes, details, and recommendations I am collecting....

what are the hotels closest to the cruise dock to make embarkation day as easy as possible. Thanks you! :)

Cruise line is RCI and ship is Rhapsody of the sea.

search for google hotel finder, you can search by list or by adjusting a map around any part of the city you are interested. It is a newer product from google labs and is pretty good for hotel research. It also shows current pricing and whether the pricing is higher/lower than rack rates.

We used it for Sydney.

Rc

Has anyone stayed at The Rocks Holiday Inn. I see it is very close to the

Overseas Passenger Terminal. Would like to know what it is like also that area of The Rocks.

Thanks.

It's a good, if fairly basic Holiday Inn in a fantastic location. Literally 5 minutes walk to the ship and right in the heart of the Rocks district with the ferry terminal, opera house, bridge all an easy, short walk away. If you want something a little more upmarket (and with spectacular harbour views) try the Shangri La which is also very close to the things you need to be near.

I have stayed at Holiday Inn Old Sydney twice ,pre/post cruise ,

and also recommended it to several on our Roll Call , who also chose to stay there.

Its called a Heritage Building, and is a bit tired but the rooms we had were large , tidy , clean and comfortable.

The location is just perfect.

I suppose its like a cruise ship that is due to go into dry-dock for a refit.

There's nothing wrong with it, but an update would sure make a difference.

For a night or two we found it ideal ,

and for embarkation we just rolled our luggage over the road , and checked in. :)

I have stayed at Holiday Inn Old Sydney twice ,pre/post cruise ,

and also recommended it to several on our Roll Call , who also chose to stay there.

Its called a Heritage Building, and is a bit tired but the rooms we had were large , tidy , clean and comfortable.

The location is just perfect.

I suppose its like a cruise ship that is due to go into dry-dock for a refit.

There's nothing wrong with it, but an update would sure make a difference.

For a night or two we found it ideal ,

and for embarkation we just rolled our luggage over the road , and checked in. :)

It's a good, if fairly basic Holiday Inn in a fantastic location. Literally 5 minutes walk to the ship and right in the heart of the Rocks district with the ferry terminal, opera house, bridge all an easy, short walk away. If you want something a little more upmarket (and with spectacular harbour views) try the Shangri La which is also very close to the things you need to be near.

Thanks the the information. With luggage this seems perfect location with a short walk to the ship.

Plan on being there 5 nights.:)

Even though our cruise isn't on the books yet for 2014 but due to open next month, I am looking for Hotels and glad I found this thread. We aren't looking at the high end, but see nothing in Sydney is within our real budgit so will bite the bullit on this one.:). Since our cruise will start in Perth, we want to do about 3 days Post in Sydney.

WE stayed at the Park Hyatt.It opened Feb 17th .Best location you can see your ship from your room.Walk to Cicular Qiuy.2min walk to the ferry terminal.We recomend the hop off hop on ferry.We loved Sydney we stayed 5 days at the Hyatt.

WE stayed at the Park Hyatt.It opened Feb 17th .Best location you can see your ship from your room.Walk to Cicular Qiuy.2min walk to the ferry terminal.We recomend the hop off hop on ferry.We loved Sydney we stayed 5 days at the Hyatt.

What was the effect of that total makeover? It openned too late for our planned celebration visit but there is always next year and it IS a wonderful location.

Colleen

• 4 weeks later...

We stayed at the Rendezvous Stafford in the Rocks and loved it. We like old buildings, so we stayed in one of the terrace houses (old row houses), which was very cool. We went to a museum called Susannah Place, which showed what the terrace houses looked like in earlier days. the whole story of the Rocks and how the neighborhood was saved from high-rise redevelopment is fascinating, and it made us appreciate our little house even more. I had thought about Holiday Inn, too, but some of the reviews on tripadvisor said it was looking tired.

If you like history, definitely stay in the Rocks and check out the various musuems about the Rocks--Susannah, the big Dig, the Rocks Experience.

I couldn't find anything inexpensive in Sydney, but it's a city and city hotels tend to be expensive. So, as one poster said, this is a place to bite the bullet and spend some money. Considering the prices in the area, I thought the Rendezvous was relatively reasonable. I'd stay there again without hesitation.

We are planning on our first Australia cruise in 2014 , end of March, what can one expect to pay for 1 week to 10 days in Sydney + food for 3 people and are there better options then a Hotel. We are considering doing the 18 day back to Honolulu after our cruise around Australia. Thank you.

We are planning on our first Australia cruise in 2014 , end of March, what can one expect to pay for 1 week to 10 days in Sydney + food for 3 people and are there better options then a Hotel. We are considering doing the 18 day back to Honolulu after our cruise around Australia. Thank you.

G'day there,

There is an upmarket brand new backpacker youth hostel in The Rocks right next to the very expensive Shangri-la Hotel. They have private rooms with private bathroom for about $150 per night. The roof top view is outstanding - also has a ship web cam up there. It is worth checking out as other CCs have stayed there.

http://www.yha.com.au/hostels/nsw/sydney-surrounds/sydney-harbour/

The Old Sydney Harbour Holiday Inn is also fine

http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/sydney/sydgs/hoteldetail

I stayed 3 nights pre-cruise (Rhapsody) at the Holiday Inn Old Town in the Rocks. Clean rooms and pleasant staff. The location was perfect; walked to the cruise ship with all my luggage. Saturday market was right outside the hotel. Short walk to the opera house. The views from the roof top pool are fabulous. I watched the sunset every evening from the pool area while drinking wine and marveling at the beautiful harbor full of boats. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

The Russell is almost across the street from the terminal. I really enjoyed my stay there a number of years ago, it is a fantastic location.

It better be great, the best price per night that I could find on the Internet was over $500.

The Russell is almost across the street from the terminal. I really enjoyed my stay there a number of years ago, it is a fantastic location.

It better be great, the best price per night that I could find on the Internet was over $500.

Don't think it is that expensive unless you were looking to book in on New Years Eve:confused:

Standard with private ensuite is $250. Standard with shared bathroom is $159.

Be aware that this is not considered an international standard hotel - it is a bed&breakfast style Pub. Not somewhere i would normally stay at. Good place for a drink and cheap meal though.

Can't believe the Russell is that expensive. And I agree, it is really more of a B&B and not that fancy but adequate. I got a single with shared bath pretty cheaply but that was a while ago now. The main thing it has going for it is location. I enjoyed my stay.

Archived