Manaus Brazil

canuk05

My husband and I are looking at a cruise to Manaus Brazil with Princess. Has anyone been to this port? My husband is confined to a wheelchair. We both realize not much will be accessable but hope at least to be able to get off the ship. I have read there is a new shopping area near the port but are there stairs leading to it? Any help would be appreciated

Canuk05

• 4 weeks later...

I was on Regal Princess last April for an Amazon cruise that started in Manaus. I use a small scooter. There are a number of shops in the pier building. I had an abbreviated taxi tour of Manaus due to late arrival of flight, loss of small ramp by airline and rain. I used Amazon Explorers and they were very accommodating. They have an office right at the airport, but you should email them and make arrangements in advance. Our tour was enroute from the airport to the ship. The following day I had tour for the "Meeting of the Waters" and Lake Janurary Ecological Preserve. My scooter was lifted onto the boat and then they lifted me on. My scooter stayed behind at the floating restaurant at the Lake and I was helped into a motorized canoe for a trip into the Lake and iguapes. One stop was made where I stayed in the canoe. It was a great experience.

If your husband has a manual chair you should have no problems with making arrangements. Hope you have a great trip!

Archived