Sea Bands- effective?

bjohio

Has anyone used Sea Bands on board ship? Pros/Cons? The box says they can be put on at anytime when needed which is better than taking Bonine before sailing when you don't know if you would need it or not. Has anyone put them on before sailing and just when needed and they worked?

I think it depends on the person. I have tried the sea bands and they don't work at all for me. Others I know use them and they work fine.

Bonine is my choice. For me no side effects so I take it morning and night beginning the morning I board the ship and every day when we're at sea. If we have several port days in a row I don't need them.

I have always suffered from motion sickness and like a crazy person believed everyone who said I wouldn't notice the motion of the ship because of the stabilizers when we went on our first cruise. I Noticed!!!! I was sick as a dog. I can't take any meds due to allergies so I bought sea bands and they worked like a charm. I always carry peppermint tea with me as well. I have now gotten into the habit that when I leave home I put on the sea bands and wear them on the plane as well, I take them off on cruises usually to shower or swim and I started about 4 cruises ago to wear them for a week or two when I get home. Many people complain about the motion they feel when back on land before they get their land legs back, I don't have any problems like that at all. Sea bands work using accupressure. The only side effects are the little round indentations on your wrists.

My DH usually gets a little seasick on the first day out. I bought a box of Sea Bands® in 2007 when we were doing the Australia/New Zealand cruise because I had heard of how rough the Tasmin Sea could be during the crossing. (...and it really was rough)

They must work really well because I never even had to take them out of the box!

I just came across the box the other day. It's never been opened and since I purchased it, about a dozen cruises ago, he's never had a single moment of seasickness.

Great product!:D

Great success with Seabands. Don't have to wear them all the time, just pop them on if it gets a ltitle rough and feeling much better within a short time! Work wonders for me on small boats. Usually end up hanging over the side of the boat, with the Seabands, actually enjoyed the trip! Good luck!;)

Personally, I think the only effect seabands have is as a placebo. If you believe in them, then they're likely to make you feel better.

They worked for me but I thought the same thing - not sure if they really worked or if it was in my mind. But I don't really care :). I am just happy that I felt better.

My DH usually gets a little seasick on the first day out. I bought a box of Sea Bands® in 2007 when we were doing the Australia/New Zealand cruise because I had heard of how rough the Tasmin Sea could be during the crossing. (...and it really was rough)

They must work really well because I never even had to take them out of the box!

I just came across the box the other day. It's never been opened and since I purchased it, about a dozen cruises ago, he's never had a single moment of seasickness.

Great product!:D

:eek::D LOL too funny

I got some for my first cruise and never used them. I started line dance and had trouble with the turns making me dizzy. I tried the bands. If I wear the bands I can do the turns. Sometimes even the bands don't work, but I can do most turns with them and none without. I say they work if put on correctly.

My husband wasn't gifted with solid sea legs and sea bands are effective for him. He uses them not only at cruises but on snorkel/diving boat rides, car rides along winding roads, and rough airplane flights. I have to put them on for him as he has a difficult time knowing if they are placed properly but once in place he is happy as a clam in the worst ofnconditions!

i bought a set before my first cruise. i've never had seasickness before, but i also hadn't been on the water in 13 years, aside from the ferry at disney world. and the only 'boats' i'd been on prior to that were small speedboats and sailboats.

i don't generally need them unless it gets a bit rough. our second to last night and last night were a bit rough and i found that i felt kind of sick to my stomach when i was lying down (strange? eh.). i popped these on and slept like a baby. i bought a second set for dh's first cruise and we never used them but we had a nice, smooth ride that time.

although i never thought about using them on a plane :/ duh. dh takes dramamine every time we fly because he gets a bit motion sick :x i'll have to remember to have him try them next time :D

Are sea bands effective? I guess so. The ship's 9-piece band is pretty good. The Calypso pool band is fun to listen to. The night club dance band is -- huh? Oh you mean bands for sea sickness. Never mind. :D

There's one (maybe two) in every crowd. LOL. :D

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but where would I buy seabands? Do they sell them at local drugstores?

I believe most drug stores will carry them. We got ours many years ago from my mother who purchased them at a AAA office for our first cruise. My husband thought they were her craziest purchase yet but when he got seasick on the first night of our cruise, he was desperate and put them on. He claimed they helped him almost immediately. He has used them on and off ever since. ;)

After 47 cruises, I still carry seabands every cruise and don't wear them until I begin to feel the motion of the ocean! They do work immediately, if worn correctly. I bought my grandson a pair since he gets carsick. Be sure to wear them on tender boats if you have a tender port for your cruises, since waiting on the boats to fill up, it will probably be rocking. My cousin forgot hers on a tender, but applied pressure with her thumbs where the seabands would, and it prevented her from becoming sick.

DW never leaves without them. We tried Bonnie on our first cruise 4 years ago and it was a nice nap, not really sure about the cruise. After that she got the bands and just puts them on as needed. Five minutes later she is fine. Placebo? Maybe but like having a big snow blower and no snow, who cares, if it works?

Archived