Need some help planning my first Caribbean cruise!?

ScottFern

Hello Everyone!

I am new to the forum and I wanted to tap your expertise in Caribbean cruising and see if I can plan a spectacular cruise vacation while making minimal errors.

First, I am planning on taking myself, and girlfriend along with two couples on Caribbean cruise. We aren't sure what route would be best, but we all love the beach and love swimming and water activities. Also, we were thinking of leaving the first week of September 2008, but we are flexible. Now, I know this is hurricane season but I noticed the prices are better in September? Is this too much of a risk of bad weather? We of course would love clear skies.

Now, I was hoping for an 8 or 9 day cruise and I have been told Royal Caribbean is top notch. Let me hear your suggestions! :D

One of the couples lives in Cape Canaveral and we would prefer to depart from there.

Hi

We went last March On the Radiance of the Seas, 7 nighter and loved it. I can compare having been on top of the line (Crystal) to the opposite (Carnival) then tried RCI and we just love RCI.

Our ports this past March were:

Depart Ft. Lauderdale

San Juan

Antigua

St. Thomas

St. Martin

Nassau

We are doing the Southern Exotic Cruise on 2/25/08, Empress of the Seas and cannot wait.

I've never done any cruises in Sept. so I am not much help there but from what I've read there are many people who have done them in Sept. risking hurricane season and have been fine.

Hope this was somewhat of help to you.

You and your travel partners will have a blast on Royal, I would definitely go with them.

Hi there,

Been on 9 cruises, mostly RCL, also Princess and Disney. Going on first NCL ship in couple of weeks. You really can't go wrong on RCL is great all around. If you going out of Cape Canerval, then I would recommend the Mariner of the Seas. Just be advised as it near the home of the Mouse --it does tend to have a good share of kids, but if you are going in Sept....you should get a good mix. Look at the interinares --I think it goes Western which I love and stops at their private Island Labdee which is great. Grand Cayman and Cozumel are also great stops. I never had a bad cruise just things I prefered a little more on some than another....it all in your outlook in life I was dragged on my first cruise when I was 30 and was hooked been going for the last ten years. Good Luck.

Hi- We have sailed from Port Canaveral twice- once on RCI, and once on Carnival. Both were good cruises- went to CocoCay and Nassau on RCI and to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau on Carnival. We enjoyed lots of swimming and water sports on both cruises. Have fun choosing your cruise.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello there. We have only done Carnival....a 4-day to the Bahamas and a 7 day to Grand Cayman/Jamaica/Cozumel. Since I haven't been on any other ships I can't compare but Carnival we really enjoyed. It is definitely the "Fun Ship". We are doing a 7 day Bermuda cruise this July on NCL so I am excited to get on a new ship and compare.

My dream cruise is the 9 day NCL Pearl to the Southern Caribbean. Some day I will do that one but I've always wanted to go to Bermuda so that we are doing now.

About hurricane season, I think the season starts in October, doesn't it? I think you will be okay. I do know that the ships can go around some of the islands and adjust their itineraries if there is a threat of a hurricane. I know a lot of people travel around that time and they have never had a problem.

Have a great trip and let us know what you decide.

Archived