Carnival Glory to St Johns NB Canada

CRLAUMAN

:confused:Does anyone know which side of the ship faces to port when arriving in St Johns NB?

Sometimes ships do swivel around in port and eliminate certain views of land. Last fall aboard the QM2 our port side cabin had us lined up with a spectacular view of New Brunswick, so you should be fine with a cabin at that location.

Have a great cruise.

Jonathan

The ship doesn't face the same way every time. Depending on sea conditions, sometimes they back into the port, and other times they go straight in facing forward. So, one really cannot predict which side would have the better view.

ditto on you just never know for sure.

Triumph last year in St. John we docked starboard side to the dock. Halifax was port side.

I look forward to a nice bottle of Moosehead Light Lime at a pub in St. John! Can't get that in the US (not in NJ anyway)

We were there on Maasdam last year and docked port side to the dock.

It can vary week to week for any number of reasons including ship's maintenance. Maybe they are painting and port needed to be worked on next. Maybe they're washing windows and are doing starboard. Maybe they are bunkering or loading stores, maybe gangway on one side of the ship is preferable that day for whatever reason, maybe there's a crew safety drill and want to drop starboard side tenders for that drill etc etc etc

I see you have cruised with Carnival often. Which ship is your favorite?
I don't necessarily have a favorite ship - my favorite class is the Conquest class (Glory, sailing to Saint John this year, is in that class). Some folks don't care for the layout of the Conquest-class ships because decks 3 and 4 are split by the dining rooms and the shared galley, but it's never bothered me at all. If I had to pick a favorite, it probably would be Carnival Liberty, but that would be based solely on decor.

Of course, the "pat" answer would be, my favorite is the next ship I'm sailing!:)

Archived