Princess cruisers get past guest on Carnival

tcsmithh

Just received an e-mail from carnival........

As a past Princess Cruises guest, you have the opportunity to save when you cruise with Carnival® as part of the World's Leading Cruise Lines (WLCL) family.

wonder if they will combine my prievous cruises on both lines for platinum status?

As a past Princess Cruises guest, you have the opportunity to save when you cruise with Carnival® as part of the World's Leading Cruise Lines (WLCL) family.

wonder if they will combine my prievous cruises on both lines for platinum status?

Right. I talked to a Carnival rep yesterday and she said same thing.

Doesn't work the other way according to her. No Platinum or Elite though.

:cool::cool:

No. Absolutely no combination. One of the reasons being that you can become Platinum or Elite on Princess based on the number of cruises and Carnival has a lot of 3-, 4- and 5-day cruises whereas Princess has just a few and all of those leave from the West Coast, so anyone who cruises Carnival would instantly be more of a "loyal" Princess past cruiser than someone who takes 7- to 10-day cruises on Princess.

This has been the case for ages. If you have cruised on Princess you'll be eligible for a discount on Carnival and vice versa. I remember reading that for ages in the brouchures. Your cruises on either line won't however count towards your past cruiser credits with the other lines though.

As someone who has cruised on Carnival frequently, those 3,4, and 5 night cruises do not count towards your loyalty in the same way the 7 day cruises do. I've cruised with Carnival 9 times, but only 5 have been 7 nights and above. I have what counts as 6 cruises towards my 10 to become "Platinum." Mixing things up this time and sailing Princess. I have also done one on NCL and one on RCL. I was told by my TA that there were no Carnival past guest discounts for my Princess sailing.

No. Absolutely no combination. One of the reasons being that you can become Platinum or Elite on Princess based on the number of cruises and Carnival has a lot of 3-, 4- and 5-day cruises whereas Princess has just a few and all of those leave from the West Coast, so anyone who cruises Carnival would instantly be more of a "loyal" Princess past cruiser than someone who takes 7- to 10-day cruises on Princess.

Yet the folks on the West Coast can get the coastal cruises to help them get the number of cruises.

So HAL is not included on the discount stuff?
If you have cruised Princess and book a HAL cruise, you will have a HAL Mariner Society # before sailing. You might also be eligible for a past passenger discount but like on Princess, you can almost always do better by using a good TA. There is no combination of days or number of cruises cruised between the two lines.

Yet the folks on the West Coast can get the coastal cruises to help them get the number of cruises.
True. And it used to be much more unfair before they changed the system to include # of days sailed. I had almost 150 days sailed but only 11 completed cruises, so I was looking at perhaps 2-3 years before I qualified for Elite. Princess changed the system to include the # of days and I qualified after my next cruise. I still think the system is unfair until they change it to just the # of days sailed.

Regardless of the fact that alot of these cruise lines call under the same family umbrella. Your cruise history/status doesn;t follow you from one cruise line to another sadly. As I always say if it makes to much sense to do somethng one way, then it just never happens that way. Go figure :)

Regardless of the fact that alot of these cruise lines call under the same family umbrella. Your cruise history/status doesn;t follow you from one cruise line to another sadly. As I always say if it makes to much sense to do somethng one way, then it just never happens that way. Go figure :)
If the cruiselines' itineraries, average cruise lengths, and cruise pricing were similar and the past passenger programs equal, it would make sense. However, the Princess Captain's Circle Platinum and Elite benefits are much better so parity doesn't make sense.

As someone who has cruised on Carnival frequently, those 3,4, and 5 night cruises do not count towards your loyalty in the same way the 7 day cruises do. I've cruised with Carnival 9 times, but only 5 have been 7 nights and above. I have what counts as 6 cruises towards my 10 to become "Platinum." Mixing things up this time and sailing Princess. I have also done one on NCL and one on RCL. I was told by my TA that there were no Carnival past guest discounts for my Princess sailing.

I currently have ten Carnival cruises, with platinum status. As you can see from my sig., I have one 3 day, two 4 day, four 5 day, two 7 day, and one 16 day. Every one counted toward platinum.

The only cruise lines that mix number of days and credit is Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. All the others don't do that.
Really? I was told that my RCCL days and cruises wouldn't count towards Celebrity, and my upcoming Celebrity cruise wouldn't count towards RCCL. That they were completely separate.

Really? I was told that my RCCL days and cruises wouldn't count towards Celebrity, and my upcoming Celebrity cruise wouldn't count towards RCCL. That they were completely separate.

I believe you have to get to Diamond on RCCL before you get any credit on Celebrity, where it translates into Elite. That's what I have been reading...

P&O and Princess allow mixing of cruise credits. EM

Pam, Things may have changed, but alway's in the past I show up as Elite on Celebrity, because of my status on RCCL and I have only taken 2 Celebrity cruises. The nice thing about it is I have been upgraded not upsold on Celebrity and you get the VIP embarkation and debarkation. I haven't cruised RCCL lately, only because of the itineraries, they just don't offer the variety of ports that HAL and Princess offer. I have 9 cruises with Carnival, but never get any kind of extra discount or cruise credit towards Princess or HAL. I wish I could take all the things I love about each line and put them all into one, that would be my dream cruise. I see you here on the Princess forum with great advice all the time, but I notice you try the other cruise lines too, you must enjoy the variety also.

I currently have ten Carnival cruises, with platinum status. As you can see from my sig., I have one 3 day, two 4 day, four 5 day, two 7 day, and one 16 day. Every one counted toward platinum.

Yep my wife has even done a 2 night cruise to nowhere that counted towards Platinum on CCL.

Don't understand why the above poster didnt get all their cruises credited.

Maybe some were before they started keeping computer records in the early 90's.

Bill

Carnival and Princess while separate operating companies are owned by the same parent company as many already know. In this day of increased competition for passengers, changes are going to happen. It is interesting that Carnival is emailing Princess guests with offers of reduced fares. Obviously there is some exchange of information between the operating companies. Carnival is very aggressive so while they may not allow joint credit for cruises does not mean that it will be that way tomorrow. Carnival is bringing several new ships online soon so they need more pax.

I believe you have to get to Diamond on RCCL before you get any credit on Celebrity, where it translates into Elite. That's what I have been reading...

P&O and Princess allow mixing of cruise credits. EM

Thanks. P&O and Princess are somewhat different in that P&O used to own Princess and there was co-mingling of past passenger benefits. This continued after Carnival Corp & PLC (not Carnival Cruise Lines) purchased P&O and split out Princess. Also, former Sitmar passengers are recognized by the Princess past passenger program.

So funny that I just got an email from Carnival about a 20 percent discount if I book a Carnival cruise as a frequent Princess cruiser. We have been Princess cruisers for 10 years or so. So when you book do you just give them your Princess Captain's circle number? We were contemplating booking a quickie cruise out of Florida this April. This snow is killing me. I do wonder if 20 percent off will be as good as booking with an agent. Cruise prices look pretty cheap but the airfare is the killer.

Key words here are "have the opportunity to save". What happens is that now that you've sailed with Carnival and then book on Princess, IF THAT SAILING happens to be what they call a VIP sailing, then you will get a discount. Not every sailing and in fact a lot of them are not, but if you get lucky, well then it's all good.

But as others have said, they don't combine the cruises for status. Each need to be earned alone on each cruise line.

So funny that I just got an email from Carnival about a 20 percent discount if I book a Carnival cruise as a frequent Princess cruiser. We have been Princess cruisers for 10 years or so. So when you book do you just give them your Princess Captain's circle number? We were contemplating booking a quickie cruise out of Florida this April. This snow is killing me. I do wonder if 20 percent off will be as good as booking with an agent. Cruise prices look pretty cheap but the airfare is the killer.

Carnival is not like Princess in regards to booking cruises with an agent.

They do not allow agent to discount by rebating part of their commissions.

Some agencies do find ways to give you onboards credits, insurance and other goodies

Bill

Archived