Problems on Radiance

BOAZ5

If the water leaks and damage keep getting worse on the Radiance, any chance they will cancel trips to put her in dry dock early or will they just keep putting on band-aids?

We will be sailing with my husbands family end of March. None of them have ever cruised and I am afraid a bad experience will turn them off from cruising again.

If the water leaks and damage keep getting worse on the Radiance, any chance they will cancel trips to put her in dry dock early or will they just keep putting on band-aids?

We will be sailing with my husbands family end of March. None of them have ever cruised and I am afraid a bad experience will turn them off from cruising again.

I was on the Radiance last week. I saw no evidence of "worsened" water issues. We had one incident of light brown water from the tap, no wetness in our room and saw that 2 restrooms were closed one night near the theatre. There was a ceiling leak on Deck 10 near the elevators and they were working on this but it wasn;t a major thing....it was a drip.

The ship was in great shape and it was a great cruise.

Check the picture about 1/2 down the page. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=575048&page=349 :eek:

Seems to be some water leakage, but maybe not toilet issues, this time. :rolleyes:

Yes I was on that cruise and it was a drip. We had a cabin right next to elevators on deck 10. I walked past that spot more than 20 times a day and while it now is patched and you can see a slight stain, that picture is from an angle that to me makes it look worse than it is. This area is below the pool deck but i don;t believe under the pool it self.

I think it started after the Bellyflop contest;)!

Radiance and her plumbing issues seem to be more widespread recently in different postings on this board. The picture linked above doesn't seem so bad though. Should upcoming Radiance cruisers like myself be that concerned? Seems like most of the problems are on the higher decks. We are booked on deck four.

No! I will cry hysterically if they cancel April 16th.

I will send them the bandaids! I don't care about the plumbing issues! I am so desperate for a vacation I'd go on a row boat in the middle of the ocean with the only source of plumbing being a bucket.

No! I will cry hysterically if they cancel April 16th.

I will send them the bandaids! I don't care about the plumbing issues! I am so desperate for a vacation I'd go on a row boat in the middle of the ocean with the only source of plumbing being a bucket.

Oh I so know what u mean - many thanks for my laugh of the day :D

Just off Radiance last Saturday. We had a cabin on deck 10 and had no problems nor did we see any damage. In fact, we felt this was our favorite ship out of our twenty previous cruises.

DW and I were on deck 10 last week, and we had a slight issue with damp carpet next to the bathroom door below the AC thermostat. No smell, and it didn't show up until our last two days in the room, so we think it might have been a condensation drip from the AC, which ran most of the time we were in the room. Sink water was clear the entire cruise. My brother had a hump balcony on deck 7, and he had no plumbing issues whatsoever.

DW and I were on deck 10 last week, and we had a slight issue with damp carpet next to the bathroom door below the AC thermostat. No smell, and it didn't show up until our last two days in the room, so we think it might have been a condensation drip from the AC, which ran most of the time we were in the room. Sink water was clear the entire cruise. My brother had a hump balcony on deck 7, and he had no plumbing issues whatsoever.

Cabin # on deck 10?

That's good and fine. What about the folks like us who are booked before that?

We are booked on the 15 day Panana Canal relocation to San Diego on April 30th. I am not concerned. If there are any problems we will deal with them. Heck if they are back enough may get an OBC or future booking credit.

We sailed her on 10-16. I had sailed on her twice before that so I knew between those cruises and the postings here that we might have problems....We did :(

We had cabin 7172 aft. The water never got cold from the tap and the toilet stopped flushing. The tile floor in the bathroom had cracks in it. Midway thru the cruise we noticed water oozing up from the cracks. It was clean water not sewage. I happened to walk barefoot in the bathroom one day and that's how I discovered it. We just kept some towels on the floor after that. It did not affect the carpeting underneath the walkup to the bathroom door. Certain parts of the ship had sewage smells at times as well.

Was I prepared for these issues? Yes. Did it ruin my cruise? Absolutely not. Radiance of the Seas is the ship that hooked me on Radiance class and I have been sailing them since.

If you are booked on Radiance - go, have fun and hopefully these issues will not ruin your cruise ;)

I was on Radiance last Nov/Dec and I had a lot of problems. About 1/3 of my 12 day cruise was spent with a floor fan in my room. Ever hear how loud those things are? :rolleyes:

I couldn't ignore a fantastic deal in a couple weeks on Radiance, so I'll be back again. We shall see.

I was on Radiance last Nov/Dec and I had a lot of problems. About 1/3 of my 12 day cruise was spent with a floor fan in my room. Ever hear how loud those things are? :rolleyes:

I couldn't ignore a fantastic deal in a couple weeks on Radiance, so I'll be back again. We shall see.

What cabin were you in?

We sailed her on 10-16. I had sailed on her twice before that so I knew between those cruises and the postings here that we might have problems....We did :(

We had cabin 7172 aft. The water never got cold from the tap and the toilet stopped flushing. The tile floor in the bathroom had cracks in it. Midway thru the cruise we noticed water oozing up from the cracks. It was clean water not sewage. I happened to walk barefoot in the bathroom one day and that's how I discovered it. We just kept some towels on the floor after that. It did not affect the carpeting underneath the walkup to the bathroom door. Certain parts of the ship had sewage smells at times as well.

Was I prepared for these issues? Yes. Did it ruin my cruise? Absolutely not. Radiance of the Seas is the ship that hooked me on Radiance class and I have been sailing them since.

If you are booked on Radiance - go, have fun and hopefully these issues will not ruin your cruise ;)

Believe me its not going to.

We are booked on the 15 day Panana Canal relocation to San Diego on April 30th. I am not concerned. If there are any problems we will deal with them. Heck if they are back enough may get an OBC or future booking credit.

Good luck with that thought.:rolleyes:

That's exactly what happened to us. We sailed the 2nd week of August and were on deck 9. We had problems with the toilet not flushing the first day, the shower drained slowly and then the main drain in the bathroom backed up leaving about an inch of water on the floor. This all happened the first 24 hours of the cruise. When we called to complain they sent someone up right away to take care of it.

We knew ahead of time from reading the boards that this could be an issue, and it did nothing to ruin our cruise. As a matter of fact we were impressed at how quickly these problems were dealt with.

We were given a comp dinner at Chops and then we received a (large) future cruise credit. We have used to credit to book our next cruise in Feb and we will be dining at Chops (our expense this time!) since the food and service were amazing and well worth the price.

Radiance is without a doubt my favorite ship and I hope to sail on her again in the future.

We were given a comp dinner at Chops and then we received a (large) future cruise credit. We have used to credit to book our next cruise in Feb and we will be dining at Chops (our expense this time!) since the food and service were amazing and well worth the price.

And I got scoffed at when I suggested compensation for any possible inconvenience. :eek::eek::eek:

Archived