"Dam Ships" hats

Avril

I was just wondering, do they still sell the hats in the shops onboard that say "Dam Ships" on them? I've seen a lot of people wearing them when I've been in various ports on my other cruises and I want one so bad!! :D I sail on the Eurodam in Decmeber (it'll be my 1st HAL cruise)!! :D

I was just wondering, do they still sell the hats in the shops onboard that say "Dam Ships" on them? I've seen a lot of people wearing them when I've been in various ports on my other cruises and I want one so bad!! :D I sail on the Eurodam in Decmeber (it'll be my 1st HAL cruise)!! :D

I got one on the Amsterdam in Alaska last September - and it was on sale :)

I guess one would not be able to buy a "Dam Security" cap... I had a hard enough time trying to get a photo of one!

Thanks everyone!! :D I'm sure they will make sure they have a nice big shipment of those dam hats for the New Years cruise!! I hope they have a nice dam big party on that dam ship!! I can't wait!! :D

Just a quick question from a HAL newbie, what are "Dam Dollars" and how do you get them?

Thanks everyone!! :D I'm sure they will make sure they have a nice big shipment of those dam hats for the New Years cruise!! I hope they have a nice dam big party on that dam ship!! I can't wait!! :D

Just a quick question from a HAL newbie, what are "Dam Dollars" and how do you get them?

Check the daily programs for any "sport" activity ie: golf putting, shuffleboard, basketball free throw, ping pong tournament, etc. conducted by various members of the cruise activities staff. All participants earn a "dam dollar" per event, with winners getting extra dollars (varies). At the end of the cruise, you can "cash" these in for various logo merchandise like caps, t-shirts, sweat shirts, travel bags, etc. These items are distinctive from the ones sold at the logo shop. The purpose of the program is to encourage more physical activity by passengers. This program replaced an earlier program that awarded participation in physical fitness activities.

It's a lot of fun and you get to meet some of the friendliest fellow passengers this way. Participation is high on sea days, lower on port days as you would imagine.

I love my dam ships hat. Got it with dam dollars on the Oosterdam in February. It was a great conversation starter in San Diego after the cruise was over. I met some people on the city bus from the zoo who had been on the same cruise with me. I had never seen them on the ship but we chatted for the length of the bus ride. As I was touring around the city other people saw the hat and we would start chatting about cruising.

Check the daily programs for any "sport" activity ie: golf putting, shuffleboard, basketball free throw, ping pong tournament, etc. conducted by various members of the cruise activities staff. All participants earn a "dam dollar" per event, with winners getting extra dollars (varies). At the end of the cruise, you can "cash" these in for various logo merchandise like caps, t-shirts, sweat shirts, travel bags, etc. These items are distinctive from the ones sold at the logo shop. The purpose of the program is to encourage more physical activity by passengers. This program replaced an earlier program that awarded participation in physical fitness activities.

It's a lot of fun and you get to meet some of the friendliest fellow passengers this way.

That sounds like so much fun!! :D I'll definatly try to participate in some things. Unfortunatly, I'm not very good at mini putt. basketball, ping pong, etc. :( I do love to meet my fellow passengers though!! :D

want my DAM SHIPS hat?

doesn't fit my big head very well haha :)

I'd love your DAM SHIPS hat :D but how are you going to get it to me? I don't live in or anywhere near Maryland. And I'm sure you don't have a big head. :)

Nice car in your signature by the way!!

Archived