Which cruise for a 3 and 4 year old?

BubMunkeyBles

So I've narrowed it down to 4 cruise options and I'm still undecided. We're looking at NCL or CCL because they're the only ones who will accept the 3 year old if he's not potty trained (and our DD didn't potty train until almost 4).

Option 1:

4 night NCL Sky Miami-Great Stirrup Cay-Nassau-Grand Bahamian Island-Miami

7 night NCL Dawn Tampa-Cozumel-Costa Maya-Belize-Roatan-Tampa

5 night CCL Victory Miami-Grand Turk-Half Moon Cay-Nassau-Miami

7 night CCL Glory Miami-Cozumel-Grand Cayman-Belize-Roatan-Miami

Carnival will change diapers and NCL won't which is something also going into consideration. Only other issue would be activities on the boat etc.

Just potty train the 3 year old. I've found that 2 1/2 is a great age to do this (3 of my 5 trained at this age). Those in diapers will not be allowed in the pools.

Yeah... My daughter not being potty trained until 4 wasn't due to lack of trying. I know he won't be allowed at the pool and I'm not risking an expensive vacation on another line that he wouldn't even be able in the programs.

Yeah... My daughter not being potty trained until 4 wasn't due to lack of trying. I know he won't be allowed at the pool and I'm not risking an expensive vacation on another line that he wouldn't even be able in the programs.

My DD was 3 and 1/2 when she decided she wanted to use the potty. All it took for her was to see a friend of hers using the potty. My now almost 3 on the 20th of this month is not potty trained and he has no desire. I'm a SAHM so he doesn't get to see other kids his age doing it. And we don't have any friends with small boys his age except for one that is almost a year older and still isn't using the potty. So I understand what you're going through.

I am going with Carnival. I wasn't sure when I booked them that they would change his diaper but it's nice to know they will of course that is if he lets them. LOL! It's 99% of the time me doing it. So not sure how he is going to do. I am not worried about if he can get in the pool or not, because on 2 of the port days we're going to the beach. He probably won't even go in the water much except for feet deep.

You just have to decide if you're okay with getting a page and being interrupted to go change a diaper or going with a line that will let you to continue with your fun until it's time to get your child.

Archived