tour conductor credits

aelittleb

we are booked on the epic and will hopefully officially be "tour conductors" soon. we should def have 8 rooms booked but our pcc wont tell us what the tour conductor credit will be until the 8th room is booked. im really antsy and dont like not knowing things hahahaha. any ideas? i know theres the potential for a free cruise but i would assume we need a lot more than 8 rooms for that.

Is this like booking a group?(if it isn't, please disregard) Cause if it is, one person would get his/her fare comped.

We booked a group of 22rooms once, and they only comped us one person as it was just an overnighter. I thought it was one comp per 8 rooms, but they wouldn't budge.

yup, just like booking a group. we are the group coordinator and booked our room and my parents. and then everyone else will book their own room.

so once 8 rooms are booked, we would get comped one of our room fares? we were hoping whatever we get comped would be enough to split among the rooms so everyone benefited a little bit.

Ok...then it was the same with us. Better check with them, as far as I remember, it was a comp for one person, not one room. Also, the comp applies to the most common type room booked. (ex. if you booked 3 rooms are balconies and 5 rooms are Insides, then the comp would apply to the Inside)

Ok...then it was the same with us. Better check with them, as far as I remember, it was a comp for one person, not one room. Also, the comp applies to the most common type room booked. (ex. if you booked 3 rooms are balconies and 5 rooms are Insides, then the comp would apply to the Inside)

yes, it does. It is one comped person for evey 8 cabins booked. Also if booking as a group there will be amenties included. For any of you who are booking 8 or more cabins do it as a group.

Nita

What kind of amenities were included? We only got the one comp. Nothing further..

each person in the group gets "amenity points" and can redeem them for things like obc, dinner at a surcharge restaurant, cocktail parties, bottle of wine. the exact number of points you get depends on the sailing date.

each person in the group gets "amenity points" and can redeem them for things like obc, dinner at a surcharge restaurant, cocktail parties, bottle of wine. the exact number of points you get depends on the sailing date.

Not all sailings offer group amenity points, so that might be why you weren't offered any. Or maybe your TA wants to just surprise you and you'll find something in your cabin.

It is usually one free person for every 8 cabins booked, but note that some travel agecies only credit you the net rate, not the gross rate or any taxes/fees. Check with your particular agent to see what they do. and have a great time!

Maxi

we are booked on the epic and will hopefully officially be "tour conductors" soon. we should def have 8 rooms booked but our pcc wont tell us what the tour conductor credit will be until the 8th room is booked. im really antsy and dont like not knowing things hahahaha. any ideas? i know theres the potential for a free cruise but i would assume we need a lot more than 8 rooms for that.

The standard NCL tour conductor rate for groups is that once you booked 8 cabins, you get 1 tour conductor "berth". The amount of $$$ NCL will apply is equal to the amount of money paid by someone where the majority of group space was sold.

So lets say you book-

5 inside rooms at $599 per person plus tax

2 outside rooms at $699 per person plus tax

1 balcony room at $999 per person plus tax

NCL will give you a credit equal to about $599 since the majority of the space was sold inside. (Note: NOT a free cabin, just a free "berth" in the cabin). Also, NCL only does this if you an official group booked through group reservations.

If you are the one that organized the group, and say you booked that sole balcony room, you pretty much get a discounted room for one of the 2 people in the room!

Nick

I used to do the bookings through an online agency for a teachers group with mutiple levels of staterooms. It is based on a total of 8 cabins booked. So if everyone books the same category suite, one person in the suite gets a free ride, plus anything else the group leader can negotiate. However, if you have 5 inside, two balconies, and one suite, the one passenger discount is applied at the inside single berth price. I did this on both NCL and HAL ships, and the basic allowance for both lines was the same.

thanks everyone! we are in a minisuite and it looks all the rooms are either minisuites or balconys so it will be good either way. we are up to 7 rooms and just waiting for one more party to book before we get all the info. im dieing to know how many amenity points we get!!!

Archived