Tender to Cayo Levantando question?

JRA1708

I heard that NCL tenders here for free or at a minimal price?? Can anyone tell me if its true? Plus, I have heard good and bad about this small island. The pictures on Youtube look gorgeous! Tell me what you think??

• 2 weeks later...
I heard that NCL tenders here for free or at a minimal price?? Can anyone tell me if its true? Plus, I have heard good and bad about this small island. The pictures on Youtube look gorgeous! Tell me what you think??

I was on the NCL Gem 9 night out of NY which stopped at Samana. My fiance and I took the tender to Cayo Levantado. It cost us 14.99 per person. The tenders are operated by a local company and they go directly from the ship to the island. We didn't know what to expect when we got there, but we were pleasantly surprised. We didn't eat any meals there, so I can't speak to that. I drank Presidente beer 12 oz. and it cost $3 per drink. The beer was also ice cold. My fiance enjoyed a pina colada that was made in a hollowed out pineapple for $5. We enjoyed our time there. We didn't feel it was too crowded. There were tenders returning every hour starting at 1pm. As long as the price is still 14.99, I would recommend it.

I was on the NCL Gem 9 night out of NY which stopped at Samana. My fiance and I took the tender to Cayo Levantado. It cost us 14.99 per person. The tenders are operated by a local company and they go directly from the ship to the island. We didn't know what to expect when we got there, but we were pleasantly surprised. We didn't eat any meals there, so I can't speak to that. I drank Presidente beer 12 oz. and it cost $3 per drink. The beer was also ice cold. My fiance enjoyed a pina colada that was made in a hollowed out pineapple for $5. We enjoyed our time there. We didn't feel it was too crowded. There were tenders returning every hour starting at 1pm. As long as the price is still 14.99, I would recommend it.

Were there beach chairs/umbrellas for rent and if so, how much? Do you know what time the last tender goes back so you can stay until you have to get back on the ship?

Was on 1/9ncl cruise. Was discounted to 14.99 on ship. First tender to island was 9 am. Tender ride 15 minutes. Tenders start back at 1, 2 and 3. White chairs free blue chairs need to pay. They don't speak English on island. Water was cold. Can't really give a review cause was sick and didn't enjoy myself

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the input, another question :confused: I am booked on the Gem for Dec 2013, I have gotten on the NCL website & looked up there shore excursions & I do not see a beach day at Cayo offered?? Do I need to call them directly or ???

Thanks for the input, another question :confused: I am booked on the Gem for Dec 2013, I have gotten on the NCL website & looked up there shore excursions & I do not see a beach day at Cayo offered?? Do I need to call them directly or ???

I just looked it up and saw it listed. Check again.

Archived