Bermuda Cruises, when did they change?

Haven't cruised in a while, but when we cruised, you left NY on a Sunday, got to Bermuda on Tuesday (St. George), moved to (Hamilton) on Wednesday, and left back to NY on Friday. Even when our last cruise on the Nordic Empress in 2003 or 4 can't remember, we stayed in port (Kings Wharf) 4 days. Now we are there 3 days with only one full day. Only HA seems to keep the old time itinerarary. Bummer!

It changed when the ships got larger. Most ships cannot dock at Hamilton or St. George because of their size, so they dock at King's Wharf now. As well, 5-day Bermuda cruises are now possible because the ships are a bit faster.

In the fall, Explorer now has 7 day cruises to Bermuda.

Our first cruise was also on the Song of America in 1996. Two years later we went back to Bermuda on the Empress of the Seas and by then they were docking at Royal Dockyards. I really liked the St. Georges & Hamilton cruise much better.

Holland America docks in hamilton am not sure for how much longer. Also Azamara stops in hamilton and Regent seven seas. Smaller ships can get in there.

HAL is leaving the Bermuda market at the end of this season. Makes me very glad we decided to go this year, as docking in Hamilton is (to me) a clear plus. HAL also stays in Bermuda the longest of all other ships, I believe.

I hope another ship finds a way to provide 7-day itineraries from NY to Bermuda, docking in Hamilton. Its tough today, though, because so many ships are just too large.

Archived