Just back from the Pride 9/12-9/19!

Jaso

Ah, I miss my vacation already... :( A fantastic week, with lots of surprises. First, our itinerary changed due to Hurricane Javier- we hit Cabo on Tuesday, Mazatlan on Wednesday, and Ensenada (!) on Saturday. But we had a lot of fun even though we didn't get to Puerto Vallarta. Ate so much food!....will update with more details soon, and happy to answer questions.

Jaso
I too just got got back. We were on the Empress deck (6232). Was disappointed about Puerto Vallarto,but had a great time in Ensenada.It was our best port.I am still waiting for my room service this morning :p (HaHa) .I have to go and unpack yet.I don't want to go back to work:(

Ahah . . . . I knew something wasn't ordinary when I saw a ship position that put the PRIDE in the Sea of Cortez (Gulf of Mexico). I assume to escape the winds and seas of Hurrican Javier which was threatening the coast of Mexico at that time. :)

Welcome back all!

Cjar..How did you like that balcony?? We had it on the 8/29-9/5 sailing. AWESOME we thought. I will book that one again for sure. Did you have Roberto has your cabin Steward??

Roberto was the BEST! And the balcony was awesome!! We had such a good time. The location of the ship was great. Right next to the elevator that went directly up to the pizza,then directly down to the dining room .What more could you want.:D Food and more Food. I gained 5 lbs. But oh was it worth it.

CrusinMom007.

I tried the laundry above on 7 ,but a couple was their and their coins were stuck,so I took the trek to ours on six(which was a bigger room with folding table) Only one time ,so it wasn't bad.I am going to start today on those extra 5 lbs:eek: . I'm sure it will be easy since there is no pizza bar and ice cream bars here:D

We have room 6232 booked for the June 12 cruise. Seems to be an eternity to wait yet. I'm going to bring a HUGE suitcase so I can bring 3 different size clothes with me. I've started my diet already- 8 months out- so I can eat and eat. When they asked about the dinner seating, we requested early- you know we need time to digest- so we can hit the midnight buffets- you know- it's all about the food!! Just kidding- maybe- :D

Was on the same cruise and loved it.

Met some great people. Had a negative couple at our table though. Half way through the cruise, they announced they don't like cruising. Didn't go over well for the rest of the cruise lovers at our table. Gained about 6 lbs. Had a balcony on deck 8 aft. Was the first called off the boat (orange). Helped with the 6 hour drive home.

Looking forward to another cruise in 3 years for my and my DW's 20th. Would like the Caribean again. Maybe after the Hurricane season.

Already have 3 weeks booked in MAUI next summer. Bringing the kids on that one.

Noticed there were not many children on the cruise. Most seemed fine... having fun with great manners.

Only two kids, a little boy and girl, stood out as brats, but so were their parents. The parents cut in line during embarkation. Kept throwing cigarette butts to the ground while in line instead of using the ashtray 10 feet away. kids threw wrappers to the ground and parents didn't pick them up. The sweeper can pick that up when she sweeps up the butts. During the cruise, the kids screamed and cried every time they didn't get their way... and they always got their way.

Another parent I was talking to at the pool had to tell his son not to hit the bratty boy, no matter what (both about 5 or 6). Interesting.

The GuestHouse Hotel was a nice place to stay -- great pool. Good shuttle over. Recommend taking a taxi back instead of calling and waiting for the shuttle. You'll save some time.

Had fun in Mexico. The cab rides in Mazitlan was wild. :eek: Definitely an "E" ticket ride. Cutting in front of everyone, driving down the center stripes of the street. :eek: Asked the driver about this kind of driving. His response, "See Senior, this is Mexico". :D The interesting part was that no one honked at him when he cut folks off, or squeezed in front of others.

Lots of good food and tasty Margaritas. Went to COBO WABO. Reminded me of Frat Parties during college. It was cool though.

It was a great trip.

Would love to know what you did in Ensenada. I will be there this Sat. on the Paradise. I've read on the boards that it's an "awful" stop! But was surprised to read the posts here that it was "the best stop" on your cruise! Please give me some suggestions! I have 2 teen girls with me too! We thought about the horseback riding tour? Do you know how much that is?

Didn't do any tours at any of the ports (except the taxi ride :eek: ). Ate at El-Cids in down town. Great Margarittas. Great Guac & chips.

If you let the poverty bother you, you will think Mexico is the pits. There are a lot of poor people and beggers in Mexico (not any worse the homeless beggers here).

Mexico is Mexico. The stores in Ensenada are a bit more (just a little bit more) up scale. Not as many flea market alleys.

Go and have fun.

Im headed out on the Pride on 10/3 first time cruiser-- going single. Any must dos, suggestions? Easy to meet other single people 30-40 somethings?

Suggestions for port days? Not big on the typical cruise fare when you get into port -- more about doing my own thing -- adventurous and unique.

Hi,

I am glad to hear that the Guesthouse was okay. We are booked there for the Pride 10/10. We will be staying there Saturday night prior to the cruise. Would you mind telling me what the taxi cost you to get back to the hotel? What time did you go down to the port? What time did they let you board? Sorry for all the ?'s I am just so excited.

Tracie

My husband and I were also on the Pride and thought it to be a dissapointment compared with our cruise on the Glory last year. Of course that was a fantastic cruise, and any trip would be hard-pressed to match it. From embarkation on it was hurry up and WAIT for everything. The tendering into Cabo was absolutely unorganized and awful. Some people had tender numbers in the 30's and didn't get off the ship until after 3pm, and had to be right back on by 6:30, leaving them no time to do anything at all. We too were dissapointed about PV being cancelled as we had the Canopy tour booked, but we enjoyed Ensenada. The $2 shuttle into town offered an all day tour to La Bufadora with shopping for $13 a person, the same tour on the ship was $29. We also rode with Randi, which was a great time!! Too many vendors at Victor's though.

Would love to know what you did in Ensenada. I will be there this Sat. on the Paradise. I've read on the boards that it's an "awful" stop! But was surprised to read the posts here that it was "the best stop" on your cruise! Please give me some suggestions! I have 2 teen girls with me too! We thought about the horseback riding tour? Do you know how much that is?
We also loved Ensenada. We took the $2.00 shuttle to town,then took the $13.00 tour to see the Blow Hole & shopping which the Ship wanted 19.95. The tour guy was great he also took us to Mango Mango,which was a loud and fun Restuarant and we got a Free Margarita :D ,Chips and Salsa..It was the best port for us.:D

We caught the shuttle from the hotel at about 8:30. Arrived arround 9:00 -- shuttle dropped someone off first at another stop. We checked our luggage in with the porter where we were dropped off. Went to the queen Mary for early check-in. Took about 30 minutes, 28 in line, 2 checking in.

Walked around and relaxed a bit until about 11:00 when folks started lining up. Wedding parties started boarding at 12:30, followed by physicaly challenged (blind and old folks in wheel chairs mostly), then the folks who paid for category 12s, then the early check in, then everyone else.

Taxi back was $18 + tip.

The rooms are older and all but a few face the parking lot. Two story hotel. No elevator. Reminds me of the Hotels near Disneyland. For $75, you shouldn't expect high end. There are plenty of $140 and up hotels around that will be nicer.

The pool was great, and the room comfortable.

I'm glad you had a good time VentureMan, My husband now has questions---He would like to know if a jacket and tie is a requirement for dinner everynight in the dining room??? Any little info you have on this would be appreciated...

19 days til we cruise The Pride

I have a ?, too....Does the hole party have to be there to do early check-in? I was thinking about letting my hubby go and check us in and then he could call me when they start to line-up and I could come up with the kids.

Also, thank you Venture Man for the info. I am going to plan to stay at the Guesthouse because I got the room for $59.00/night and that includes leaving my car there all week. That is if you think it would be safe to leave my car there all week? Thank you also for letting me know that they do not have an elevator, I called the hotel and requested a ground floor room. All I need is a clean place to lay my head while I dream about what is to come the next day. Thanks again...

Tracie

Does the hole party have to be there to do early check-in?
Yes, everyone has to show up at early check-in. This is where they check your passports or birth certificates and make sure the picture on the i.d. is the party checking in. Once this is completed, some of the party can wait and line while the others are free to wander about.

We also loved Ensenada. We took the $2.00 shuttle to town,then took the $13.00 tour to see the Blow Hole & shopping which the Ship wanted 19.95. The tour guy was great he also took us to Mango Mango,which was a loud and fun Restuarant and we got a Free Margarita :D ,Chips and Salsa..It was the best port for us.:D

I was also on this cruise. It was my first but I've already booked on the Miracle in January. My group went on the winery tours in Ensenda which resulted in me having to stand in line the last day at 7:15 AM to declare my alcohol overage :D

I thought it was fun and really enjoyed the night where the ship rolled on giant waves all night. Nothing makes me seasick and I thought it was fun although it kept me awake :rolleyes:

Sascha

Archived