Question about assigned table in MDR.

Tenn4ever

Our reservation is linked with another couple and we've requested a table for four in the MDR. It's been noted on our reservations, but I realize there is a chance we may not get it.

However, if on the first day after finding out our seating arrangement and we are very satisfied with the assignment is there a chance that when we actually go to dinner that our table will have been changed? Could this happen because someone else who was initially unhappy with their assigned table has been moved to ours and we have been move elsewhere? Does this ever happen?

If you are assigned to a table for four, they will not change your table. When you board, you can go to the Maitr'D and find out about your table assignment. If it is not to your liking, you will probably be able to change it. I say probably because a full seating (every table occupied) might make that difficult. Have a great trip!

If you are assigned to a table for four, they will not change your table. When you board, you can go to the Maitre D and find out about your table assignment. If it is not to your liking, you will probably be able to change it. I say probably because a full seating (every table occupied) might make that difficult. Have a great trip!

Thank you for the reply. I understand your reply but that isn't really what I'm asking. There have been over 200 views of this thread and only one reply. Maybe no one has ever experienced my question.

When I get my table assignment after boarding the ship is there a chance that when I get to the MDR that evening that it will have been changed(without me asking for the change) or possibly a second notice to my room that it has been changed ?

I keep hearing that passengers line up to see the maitre'd the first day to have their table assignment changed after they find out they don't like where they've been seated. It seems like if there are many requesting a change that there will be those displaced who actually prefer not to move at all.

I don't think that scenario happens. I have no definite knowledge but I think there are so many people who line up to get tables for two etc. that they try to move around the people who want to change to tables that others that want to change also. I also think there are always some extra table that people can be moved to.

Archived