whale watching in cabo

surfer_00

i was just wondering if there are vendors off the ship that can sell the tours. i dont really want to pre purchase. if they do sell the tours on shore is it a big price difference? could i just go on a glass bottom boat to see some?

Yes to all your questions.

The glass bottom boat thing will depend on how close the whales are to Cabo. We saw some about a hundred feet from the arch and followed them for about three miles in a glass bottom boat a couple of years ago. If the whales are not close, you may need to book another type of boat, but there are many vendors on the dock selling tours of all kinds.

Example --A glass bottom boat to the arch will cost between 7 and 12 dollars per person, depending on your bargaining skills.:D

Wave at us if you see the Splendor out there. We leave Long Beach 2/26.

hire a vendor for sure

we did this a few years back, i think it was like 30PP

and he took us CLOSE to the whales , it was just me and hubby in his boat, alot of fun!! we saw more whales than the ship tour since we were in a small boat and we were fast.... and the ship tour to do this is like 100/PP

have fun fun fun and take lots of pics

There will be whale watching vendors all along the marina. Don't take the first price they offer. Bargain a little. I would suggest that you not rely on the glass bottom boat tour to see whales. You may or may not see them no matter what you do but I think you have a better chance going out on a whale watching excursion.

Enjoy your time in Cabo.:)

We'll be in Cabo on April 8 and 9 on the Star Princess. Are there tours available that late in the season? Princess doesn't have any on its list.:confused:

Whale watching season ends mid March and then they start the snorkle tours again even though the water is freezing then! You may get lucky and see a late whale or 2 though. We have seen some toward the end of April several years.

We'll be in Cabo on April 8 and 9 on the Star Princess. Are there tours available that late in the season? Princess doesn't have any on its list.:confused:

We are doing a whale watch on the Sunderland in Cabo on April 4. It is late in the season but we have seen whales many times in April on our MR cruises.

I pre-booked with Pez Gato ($35/pp) and there were many empty seats so I'm sure you can get on the catamaran if you don't pre-reserve. Vendors are all along the shore. We got good views of the whales but pictures didn't turn out that great with my Nikon. Need a good camera. The tour photographer took tons of pictures and made a cd for me of over 50 pictures he took & I paid an extra $38 after seeing them. Here is one of his shots:

2783370350040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

and here is my shot:

2277773520040669306S500x500Q85.jpg

not quite the same. It was worth the extra $38. Click on a picture to take you to my webshots album.

Archived