Halloween on Royal Caribbean

I am planning on taking a cruise during October. I was thinking a 9 night cruise which leaves on October 20-29 out of Baltimore MD. Or I was thinking of a 5 night cruise to Bermuda that leaves October 29. I was wondering the week of Halloween the 20-29 will there be Halloween activities on the ship? like Halloween costume contests? or these activities only started the day of Halloween which is October 31st

I never been on a cruise during Halloween but I have cruised before during thanksgiving and only on the day of Thanksgiving Carnival only had a dinner and no special activities through out the week or the day of that would be holiday related to Christmas or thanksgiving so I was wondering would Royal Caribbean be like this?

Yes there is always a Halloween party and costume contest, we have been on a few.

I believe the cruise director staff are responsible for managing it, so it just depends how into it they are. We have had a lot of fun on those cruises though.

Happy Halloween

Brian J

I am planning on taking a cruise during October. I was thinking a 9 night cruise which leaves on October 20-29 out of Baltimore MD. Or I was thinking of a 5 night cruise to Bermuda that leaves October 29. I was wondering the week of Halloween the 20-29 will there be Halloween activities on the ship? like Halloween costume contests? or these activities only started the day of Halloween which is October 31st

I never been on a cruise during Halloween but I have cruised before during thanksgiving and only on the day of Thanksgiving Carnival only had a dinner and no special activities through out the week or the day of that would be holiday related to Christmas or thanksgiving so I was wondering would Royal Caribbean be like this?

We have been on Jewel of the Seas for the past several Halloweens and the ship is extensively decorated for the holiday and a great costume party is usually held up on deck in the evening, weather permitting. Last year Halloween was on a formal night and about half the guests at dinner were in formalwear and half were in costume. The boardroom on Jewel is converted into a Haunted House for the evening. I believe that the rest of the ships celebrate Halloween in a similar fashion.

We will be experiencing our 1st Halloween Cruise on the LOS next Oct and can't figure on a costume. We want to keep it light due to traveling to Barcelona and have to worry about our luggage weight. We are looking forward to seeing what all goes on.

go as a clothes line. get some brown material and sew -pull over you heads, tie some line to it, clothes pins and couple of pairs of undies and your all set

My family is sailing October 23-29 and I was wondering if they are going to have any fun Halloween activities for the kids during the week. I was not sure, since it is the week before, and Halloween falls on the next cruise.

Anybody know the answer to this? Whether there will be Halloween festivities that week?

Thanks!

Might skip the undies and put swim suites on the line instead.:D. Actually have been thinking since we are going out of Barcelona, make up something & getting some wacky glasses and Maracas.:)

we are sailing out of malaga the 29thoct 11on the adventure is this the same cruise you are thinking of? we nwver been on rc or joined in a halloween fest great info about monserratt been to barca loads of times but never done this usually opt for stiges as a chill-out day as its always been at the end of cruise usually us brits fly back from palma

Warrington, our cruise is on the Liberty of the Seas out of Barcelona, 14 day TA back to FT Lauderdale. As I mentioned this will be our very first Holiday cruise along with it being our first Freedom Class sailing so really looking forward to this one. We love RC and this will be our 3rd with them of the 5 cruises we have taken, two have been with Princess in 2002 & 2006. We will be doing a pre cruise trip to Montserrat the day before boarding on the 29th. Flying in from Calif so want to make the most of the trip by coming in 3 days early.

The Liberty had a big Halloween party in the ice skating area. It was really a big event and all decorated etc.!!! They had a lot of passengers in costume and had a contest too.:)

My family is sailing October 23-29 and I was wondering if they are going to have any fun Halloween activities for the kids during the week. I was not sure, since it is the week before, and Halloween falls on the next cruise.

Anybody know the answer to this? Whether there will be Halloween festivities that week?

Thanks!

Probably not because the holiday doesn't fall until two days after your cruise. Halloween celebrations, even on cruises over the actual holiday, are usually restricted to the holiday itself and are not a week long. You can always ask the CD if anything can be done on your cruise but I wouldn't want to guarantee it could happen.

We were on the enchantment last October out of Baltimore to Bermuda( by the way, a great little cruise!) and sailed over Halloween...Halloween was actually formal night..so the next evening, they had a big Halloween party up on the pool deck..Everyone was dressed up..congo lines, bands, games, prizes..It was a lot of fun!!! I was surprised to see all the costumes..We brought some dress up items but many guests had pretty elaborate costumes. Fun was had by all...

Have fun...

Bee

Was on the Explorer for last Halloween. The ship wasn't decorated until that day but they decorated all over - WJ must have had 50+ carved jack o lanterns arranged at the entrance. It was quite a site!

LOTS of grown ups dressed up and there was a kids costume parade that was super cute too.

It was tons of fun - we didn't dress up but we might next Halloween when we are on the Explorer again!!

we are on adventure of the seas on a 5 dayer to lisbon and back to malaga,reading the comments this seems to be mostly spanish guest (but great price ) so maybe we wont have haloween but will take a mask just in case ,see if any one notices the difference,having read a blog about wine prices waiting for a riot when the spanish find out the mark up happy days

Archived