Titou Gorge and Trafalger Falls- How much walking?

Kryssa

We are a family group hoping to plan a private tour to Screw's Spa, Champagne Reef, Trafalger Falls, and Titou Gorge.

We have an older person in our group that could stay on the ship if this is not a good excursion for her. She can walk fine for short distances and go up and down a flight of stairs, but if there is steep walking or rocky pathways, it wouldn't be a good fit.

What do you think?

Hard to advise - but there will be a lot of steps at both Trafalgar and Titou Gorge which could be slippery if there's been recent rainfall. Screws Spa should be OK. Not sure about Champagne - are you planning to snorkel? At Trafalgar there is a visitors pavilion which I think has a few benches if your companion wants to wait for you.

The walk to the viewing platform at Trafalgar Falls took about ten minutes down through a winding stepped pathway. It's a lovely walk. When we were there it wasn't crowded but I could see that if there are a lot of people coming and going up and down the pathway it could be a bit challenging to navigate for someone who is not as steady on their feet. There are no handrails. I didn't find it that steep but it's a steady uphill walk coming back. You could always give it a try then turn back if you feel it's going to be too long or too difficult.

The scenery is just magnificent so even if your family member can't do some of the walking I'm sure they would enjoy seeing the rain forest vistas. Talk to a tour organizer and see what they advise. Maybe the tour could be modified if necessary. It would be a shame to miss out on the beauty of this Island.

We are a family group hoping to plan a private tour to Screw's Spa, Champagne Reef, Trafalger Falls, and Titou Gorge.

We have an older person in our group that could stay on the ship if this is not a good excursion for her. She can walk fine for short distances and go up and down a flight of stairs, but if there is steep walking or rocky pathways, it wouldn't be a good fit.

What do you think?

We just returned from Dominica and I think the walk to Trafalgar Falls would be difficult for someone who needs handrails and even surfaces. I made the walk to and from the falls but had to be very careful on the rocky steps and steep paths. That said I think that the older member of your group would definitely enjoy the ride through this lush island and could wait at the visitor's centers in areas where walking is difficult. A private tour would be excellent. We booked with Pepper's Tours and he was great with our group of 8 sixty somethings. http://www.sweetdominica.com

Archived