Not a chair hog but...

I usually leave our stuff (towels, cover ups, sunglasses, and maybe a beach bag with all the misc stuff) all on one lounge chair by the pool for the whole family when we go swimming in the pools. This way we know where our stuff is, we can at times come back and rest a little, and we have a central place to meet up. Although we only occupy one chair for the whole family, I really hate to be labeled as a "chair hog". Where do you guys put your belongings when swimming on-board?

I usually leave our stuff (towels, cover ups, sunglasses, and maybe a beach bag with all the misc stuff) all on one lounge chair by the pool for the whole family when we go swimming in the pools. This way we know where our stuff is, we can at times come back and rest a little, and we have a central place to meet up. Although we only occupy one chair for the whole family, I really hate to be labeled as a "chair hog". Where do you guys put your belongings when swimming on-board?

As long as you are in sight of your stuff on the chair, you'r not a chair hog in my book.

A chair hog is someone who places unimportant items on a chair or chairs and then leaves the immediate area for long periods of time, usually trying to hold prime location chairs.

If you have your belongings, clothing, towels, shoes, etc. on a chair while you enjoy the pool or hot tubs, this is an acceptable usage of pool lounge chairs.

Don't worry about it, enjoy yourself!

I agree with all of the above you are not a chair hog at all.

We do the same:p

As many have said a chair hog gets up at dawn to reserve the best seats and hardly uses it. GRRRR:mad:

As long as you are in sight of your stuff on the chair, you'r not a chair hog in my book.

I agree, but it would be nice if some areas had a little shelf for people who don't need a chair at all. There have been times when I just want to go by the pool for 30 minutes to swim or cool off in the pool and all I had with me was a Tshirt, towel and shoes. The shoes I don't mind leaving on the deck, but a shirt and towel doesn't do well most places, though I have found places I could set a folded towel and shirt on top of my shoes out of the way, but you can't guarantee someone won't soak them.

I agree, but it would be nice if some areas had a little shelf for people who don't need a chair at all. There have been times when I just want to go by the pool for 30 minutes to swim or cool off in the pool and all I had with me was a Tshirt, towel and shoes. The shoes I don't mind leaving on the deck, but a shirt and towel doesn't do well most places, though I have found places I could set a folded towel and shirt on top of my shoes out of the way, but you can't guarantee someone won't soak them.

Sadly (LOL!), you're lightyears away from qualifying as a chair hog and if you're ever to make the grade, you will simply have to work much harder. You must be poolside by 6am to claim eight lounges for your party of five, stake your claim with an assortment of empty shopping bags, torn magazines, empty bottles of suntan lotion, broken sunglasses, single flip-flops, a half-eaten rotting apple and the remains of a never-read paperback book (sans cover) which has been torn into eight random pieces. Most importantly, not one person in your party must ever return to the pool deck any time before 3:15pm! Good luck.

I feel if you leave your items on the chair and go to get lunch you should not be required to give the chair up if you are at the Windjammer a short time. If you are far away from the pool say on the second deck it may not make a difference.

You are nowhere near a chair hog!!

I've been on cruises where people do what others have described. You know, crack of dawn, books, empty bottles on a 6 chairs that will never be used at once.

And through out the day there's always that 1 person who's always there making sure no one "steals" one of their empty chairs.

It's so frustrating that I've decided on my upcoming cruise (july 5th), I'm just going to plop my bum down on one of their precious chairs. Go ahead, I dare them to do something :cool:

I feel if you leave your items on the chair and go to get lunch you should not be required to give the chair up if you are at the Windjammer a short time. If you are far away from the pool say on the second deck it may not make a difference.

If you leave the pool area--even for lunch you should remove your items. Items on the second deck are not usually an issue--unless you are under one of the prized overhangs/tables. (We do not usually go for those. But, there are a few prized locations on the second deck, too.)

You must be poolside by 6am to claim eight lounges for your party of five, stake your claim with an assortment of empty shopping bags, torn magazines, empty bottles of suntan lotion, broken sunglasses, single flip-flops, a half-eaten rotting apple and the remains of a never-read paperback book (sans cover) which has been torn into eight random pieces. Most importantly, not one person in your party must ever return to the pool deck any time before 3:15pm! Good luck.

You just gave all the new chair hogs tips on how to succeed at hogging!

It's so frustrating that I've decided on my upcoming cruise (july 5th), I'm just going to plop my bum down on one of their precious chairs. Go ahead, I dare them to do something :cool:

If you can, try to move your chair to another row. That way when they come back and start counting chairs/rows, they'll be all confused.

Two of us...Two Chairs! If we go into the Hot Tub or pool for 30 minutes or an hour (Never been more than 30 though) at a time, we don't expect anybody to take our chairs because we are using the pool facility. When I am in the hot tub or pool I keep a close eye out on our chairs! However when we decide to go get something to eat or go back to the cabin, we take everything with us and leave even if we plan on coming back!

You are not what I consider a chair hog, not al all.

We were on the Allure two weeks ago, I went down early to get a chair by the pool under an umbrella. There were none, but there were 8 chairs taking over 3 umbrellas with no one around. I waited 45 minutes and then went to a crew member re: chairs. They said wait 10 minutes. Well of course 1 person came down in those 10 minutes, but they cleared two chairs anyway. I went and sat down. If you could have seen the looks when the rest of her group arrived. You would think I had stolen one of their kids!!! I really don't get people.

Items on the second deck are not usually an issue--unless you are under one of the prized overhangs/tables. (We do not usually go for those. But, there are a few prized locations on the second deck, too.)

You did say usually. On my Navigator cruise even the 2nd deck was full on Sea days with only a rare chair opening all day However on Allure there were a lot available on the 2nd deck away from the pool.

You are not what I consider a chair hog, not al all.

We were on the Allure two weeks ago, I went down early to get a chair by the pool under an umbrella. There were none, but there were 8 chairs taking over 3 umbrellas with no one around. I waited 45 minutes and then went to a crew member re: chairs. They said wait 10 minutes. Well of course 1 person came down in those 10 minutes, but they cleared two chairs anyway. I went and sat down. If you could have seen the looks when the rest of her group arrived. You would think I had stolen one of their kids!!! I really don't get people.

I was in the shady area of the Solarium to read where there wasn't so much glare, in the morning on Oasis where there are a bunch of comfortable chairs. One day I got there at 8 AM after breakfast and only one chair left, with towels and clothes on all the other chairs. I stayed there until 10:30 AM and not once did someone come by and sit in all those other chairs, nor did any staff member come and remove those articles. That is what I call chair hogs! Many days at 8 AM all those chairs were covered with stuff, and none available. I went elsewhere, but I'm sure again that no one sat in them like I observed on the one day I did get lucky and snag a chair.

People from Europe, especially Germany and England are bad at this. They will wake up at the crack of dawn, go to the pool, reserve a chair, and come back hours later. The Germans make fun of themselves all the time for this :rolleyes:
================================================

You speak for your own country we brits dont have time to put towels on chairs,we are too busy thowing the German towels that have been put on chairs into the pool:D

Chair hogs save multiple chairs for people who aren't there for long periods of time. If you're already at the pool and decide to get something to eat, you shouldn't have to give up your chair as long as you return in a reasonable amount of time. Like others have said, the true chair hog saves upwards of a half dozen or more chairs for hours. It's rude and inconsiderate.:rolleyes:

If you leave the pool area--even for lunch you should remove your items. Items on the second deck are not usually an issue--unless you are under one of the prized overhangs/tables. (We do not usually go for those. But, there are a few prized locations on the second deck, too.)

What if someone wants to bring their food back to their chair? Do you recommend that they take all their belongings with them, go to the Windjammer to pick up their food and then start searching around for another chair? How about having to go back to your cabin to get something?

This isn't rocket science people. It doesn't matter where you go, even if you leave the pool area, as long as you don't leave for an extended period of time.

Chair hogs save multiple chairs for people who aren't there for long periods of time. If you're already at the pool and decide to get something to eat, you shouldn't have to give up your chair as long as you return in a reasonable amount of time. Like others have said, the true chair hog saves upwards of a half dozen or more chairs for hours. It's rude and inconsiderate.:rolleyes:

I think a chog could also be someone who only saves one seat, but doesn't use it for hours, if ever.

Archived