Thanks for the answers to my previous questions..Opera..1 more ?

Donna&Lou

There were ladies in long dresses and others (myself) in shorter, sparkly cocktail dresses (probably a 50-50 split). A few men in tuxes, but most in suits. One gentleman at my dinner table was just wearing a golf shirt. We didn't throw him overboard, but he did make a comment that led me to believe he felt a little underdressed! Certainly felt like the first formal night was more formal than the second for all of us.

Deb

How Formal is formal nights... Should DH take Tux..was ladies wearing long dresses?

Thanks!

DH wore his tux on the first formal night and went to sport coat with dress shirt and tie on the second since he felt overdressed. He fit in just fine on the second. Mix of long and short on women with lots of sparkles.

There were ladies in long dresses and others (myself) in shorter, sparkly cocktail dresses (probably a 50-50 split). A few men in tuxes, but most in suits. One gentleman at my dinner table was just wearing a golf shirt. We didn't throw him overboard, but he did make a comment that led me to believe he felt a little underdressed! Certainly felt like the first formal night was more formal than the second for all of us.

Deb

(sparkly cocktail dress) and HAL couldn,t have been more happy..lol

Archived