Help! Ruby Princess or Eurodam

galoob

Please help! We have only travelled on Cunard and Celebrity (each twice) and LOVED them. We now want to do Canada/New England next year and our choices (same price and itinerary) are either on Ruby Princess or HAL's Eurodam. We love good food and service but also some liveliness and a ship that makes you go WOW! All comments will be gratefully received!

Please help! We have only travelled on Cunard and Celebrity (each twice) and LOVED them. We now want to do Canada/New England next year and our choices (same price and itinerary) are either on Ruby Princess or HAL's Eurodam. We love good food and service but also some liveliness and a ship that makes you go WOW! All comments will be gratefully received!

Welcome to Cruise Critic Galoob. You can't go wrong with the Eurodam, she is an elegant and beautifully designed ship with top-notch service and the excellent Asian Restaurant Tamarind.

Eurodam also sails out of New York City and that is one of the great thrills of a lifetime as you steam down the Hudson towards the Verrazano Bridge. Have always been keen to cruise with Princess probably a bit more liveliness than Holland America. But, the Eurodam is a definite Wow.

Jonathan

I spent 19 days on the Ruby Princess doing a Transatlantic last October can't say enough good about her. Beautiful ship, wonderful crew, comfortable accomodations, great dining options, plenty of activites available.

I have never been a a HAL ship, but have completed 17 cruises on Princess ships and have 2 more booked for later this year with Princess.

I have sailed twice on the Ruby and once on the Eurodam. Both are fairly new ships and equally beautiful. Food and service is great on both. Beds, linens, deck furniture, and excursions are much better on HAL, IMO. Entertainment is far better on the Ruby. HAL is an older crowd and they roll up the sidewalks around 10. Princess is more mixed ages and has more activities during the day and at night. Tough choice.

Been on both lines many times...love both....tough call. I have to agree with the above post. HAL has the most comfortable bedding I've ever experienced on a ship. One thing that might be a plus for HAL if pool time is important to you. If you are sailing when it might be a bit cooler, the HAL ships have a glass dome over the main pool so regardless of the temperature and weather , the pool is pretty much always available. And if HAL sails out of Manhattan and Princess is out of Brooklyn and you've never sailed out of Manhattan.....go with HAL, just for that reason.

You will experience an older crowd on HAL.

But I do have to say that we love the Silk Den for cocktails before dinner -- great views.

The Tamarind Pan-Asian restaurant is wonderful.

The Eurodam does have a few Cabanas by the Lido pool and the Retreat Cabanas up higher and more private.

Archived