Fort Scaur and Heydon trust

smilz

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Thinking about visiting Ft Scaur and the chapel at Heydon Trust. Can anyone tell me how to do this and how much time to plan on?:confused:

To Ft Scaur by taxi would be approximately 5-10 minutes. I've never been to Heydon Trust, but it is in Sandy's parish, which is where Ft. Scaur is. I don't know how much time you want to spend seeing each one, but I think we looked around the fort for about 1/2 hour to one hour. Sorry I couldn't help more.

P.S. The above is if you are docked at the Dockyard and not in Hamilton.

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter and I did the Bermuda Railway trail last fall. We got off the bus at Somerset Bridge and walked around the bridge area and walked over the bridge headed back towards the ship. The trail markers were right near that area. It was a really pretty walk. Lots of views of the Bermuda Shoreline. We got to Fort Scaur Signs and walked up the hill and ended up at the Fort. Wonderful views from up there. Then we walked down toward the main road again and caught the bus back to the ship. I think we were about three hours doing this on our own tour. The path up to the Fort is through a wooded area and fairly steep but easy to navigate.

Archived