taxi to Reduit Beach?

Planer's Edge

Hi Planer's Edge

Remember me from the Radiance we are going to be in St Lucia Oct 15. I to would like to know about a taxi to Reduit Beach the only price I have found is $ 40.00 and that was a year ago.

I hope someone jumps in and lets us know.

Gary

Does anyone know how far' date=' and how much, for a taxi to Reduit Beach from the cruise ship pier (downtown).?

PE[/quote']

This distance is under 10 miles.....$40US sounds rather high, but everything in St. Lucia is pretty pricey, so maybe that's right....

Hi Planer's Edge

Remember me from the Radiance we are going to be in St Lucia Oct 15. I to would like to know about a taxi to Reduit Beach the only price I have found is $ 40.00 and that was a year ago.

I hope someone jumps in and lets us know.

Gary

Of course I remember you Gary. How are you?

Now I don't need the taxi information. We were offered a guided island tour by the brother of a bar server we met on the Dawn. We just have to buy gas and lunch.

PE

• 1 month later...

First, let me say that St. Lucia is our favorite port! In march of this year, we were greeted by an agressive taxi association inside the gates of the port in Castries. We were quoted a price that was very high, $80 per person to go to the Pitons, and cab drivers were arguing with each other about our trip. We left the area where they were, walked out to the street, met a man who quoted us $80 for the day for both of us. We were taken to the cab of "John Silver". He is a very nice man who gave us a FULL day tour, taking us to a native craft center, the sulpher springs, the botanical gardens, the Pitons, and waited for us while we swam and snorkled within sight of the Pitons. He returned us to Castries in plenty of time to board the ship. He was very knowledgable about the island and its abundant flora and fauna. In conclusion, I would recommend, at a minimum, walking outside the port gates before hiring a cab, and at best, asking for John Silver. :)

• 8 years later...