Pools and Hot Tubs on River Boats

Luckyladyh

I have read on several of the river cruise ship descriptions that some ships have a pool or hot tub on board. Wondering if anyone has used these, and what they are like.

Since we are going in late June, I wonder if a pool or hot tub - even though it has to be small - would be a nice thing to have.

For anyone having been on a ship with a pool or hot tub - what was it like - and it is on the top deck, where you could utilize it while watching the scenery go by? I don't think I would want to use if it wasn't open air.

Trying to understand - there are no pictures of a pool or hot tub on anyone's website - even those who indicate they have them on board.

Thanks

The new AMA boats have small heated pools with swim up bars. We were on the AmaCerto last fall and the pool area was lovely. We traveled with a group of friends and they utilized it every day and loved it! Yes, you could see the scenery by day and they also enjoyed it in the evenings.

• 2 weeks later...

The S.S. Antoinette has a small but very nice pool area. It's enclosed, but the windows open. I took a yoga class there in port one day. The only problem with being in port is a sulphur smell from the back end of the boat with the windows open! We spent some time in the pool area warming up during the big castle tour of the Rhine. It was so cold and rainy that day, but it was beautiful looking out the picture windows.

We just returned from the Romantic Rhine cruise, and used the hot tub at least 4 of the days, both while in port, and while the boat was moving.

It was a wonderful experience to sit there, and take in all around you, from the toasty comfort of the tub. This one was not huge, I'd say 6 - 8 people, (8 if you know each other, it would be pretty cozy!)

Take advantage of it, you'll be glad that you did!

• 2 weeks later...
I have read on several of the river cruise ship descriptions that some ships have a pool or hot tub on board. Wondering if anyone has used these, and what they are like.

Since we are going in late June, I wonder if a pool or hot tub - even though it has to be small - would be a nice thing to have.

For anyone having been on a ship with a pool or hot tub - what was it like - and it is on the top deck, where you could utilize it while watching the scenery go by? I don't think I would want to use if it wasn't open air.

Trying to understand - there are no pictures of a pool or hot tub on anyone's website - even those who indicate they have them on board.

Thanks

934995_10151408611748414_1270776734_n.jpg

Archived