Jalousie Beach

sammyjo882

• 3 months later...

yes, you can hire a taxi no problem to take you down to Jalousie. They will drop you in the car park and you'll have to walk the rest of the way down- and up - about 10 minutes each way. Another option is a taxi to Soufriere pier and a water taxi over to Jalousie - the vews of the Pitons from the water are amazing! A water taxi will add to the expense though You can rent charis from the resort (I think it's $20US a chair) or just put your towel down under a tree or wherever you want - ALL beaches in St. Lucia are public beaches and enyone can use them at any time. Snorkel gear is also available for rent from their watersports hut.

Also, you can eat and drink at thier beachside bar - check their website for menu options and prices. If you patronize the bar, you can use the restroom facilities - otherwise, there are no public facilities on the beach.

A taxi will run you about $130US+ or so r/t for up to 4 people. The water taxi will add around $50-$80US or so - bargain with them!

It is a beautiful beach - although it is imported white sand - and the views of the Pitons are great.

Enjoy your trip!

I recommend Spencer Ambrose Jalousie Beach by Sea Tour. Its 80..00 us dollars per person and they are fantastic. They transport via boat via coast and it includes the snorkel gear and unliminted drinks ( watch out for the rum punch ...yummmmmmmm). They serve an authentice island cusine lunch and then a sea tour on the way back to the hotel. The trip via land is very windy and bumpy so I totally recommend this tour. The views ar amawing and the snorkeling one of a kind

If you patronize the bar, you can use the restroom facilities - otherwise, there are no public facilities on the beach.

We did actually use some public restrooms on this beach. They are well hidden. With your back to the water, they are on the left far back. We used them for changing too. They were free.

• 2 weeks later...

A taxi will run you about $130US+ or so r/t for up to 4 people. The water taxi will add around $50-$80US or so - bargain with them!

Enjoy your trip!

$130 taxi ride? +? Is this correct or a typo?

$130 taxi ride? +? Is this correct or a typo?

Nikki, we did not take a taxi here (our friend who lives on the island drive us), but I think $130 sounds right. It is a two-hour roundtrip (at least) ride from the pier.

Nestled between the pitons, the beach at Jalousie was one of the most beautiful I have ever seen!

I recommend Spencer Ambrose Jalousie Beach by Sea Tour. Its 80..00 us dollars per person and they are fantastic. They transport via boat via coast and it includes the snorkel gear and unliminted drinks ( watch out for the rum punch ...yummmmmmmm). They serve an authentice island cusine lunch and then a sea tour on the way back to the hotel. The trip via land is very windy and bumpy so I totally recommend this tour. The views ar amawing and the snorkeling one of a kind

We did this a couple weeks ago and enjoyed the tour. I think the beach scenery is quite beautiful, but the murkiness of the water was disappointing to say the least - yuck ! The "creole" lunch was rather bland, and you get one tiny piece of chicken on top of it. I had read that you don't go hungry on this tour but we sure were !

Archived