ewr double tree liquor store

Big Feet

There's absolutely nothing within walking distance of the Doubletree except the Ramada next door.

Come post your question on the East Coast board. You could take the #40 bus which stops on Frontage Road near the hotel and go into downtown Newark to find a liquor store or you could take a cab.

How early are you arriving at EWR and what day of the week? Will you need to eat dinner? Newark is very urban and I wouldn't recommend just wandering around at night without a specific destination. You could combine a liquor run with dinner in Newark's Ironbound District.

How are you getting to Cape Liberty? There is a liquor store outside the entrance to the port. On Sundays it does not open until noon.

There's absolutely nothing within walking distance of the Doubletree except the Ramada next door.

Come post your question on the East Coast board. You could take the #40 bus which stops on Frontage Road near the hotel and go into downtown Newark to find a liquor store or you could take a cab.

How early are you arriving at EWR and what day of the week? Will you need to eat dinner? Newark is very urban and I wouldn't recommend just wandering around at night without a specific destination. You could combine a liquor run with dinner in Newark's Ironbound District.

How are you getting to Cape Liberty? There is a liquor store outside the entrance to the port. On Sundays it does not open until noon.

138East thank you. We are coming in late and Saturday night and wasn't going to wander around. Heading over to ship around 12 noon Sunday.

Don't want to stop to fill the rum runners while heading to the pier. I think I've read your posts before about Newark so is there a hotel with airport pick up that has stores and shops close by (liquor) --- that i wouldn't fear for my life going to?

D

We are flying into EWR and stayiing at the Double tree prior to our Explorer cruise. Is there a liquor store close by? within walking distance. Need to fill my rum runners ya know!!!!!!!!!!!!

why not get some at airport?

I'm goin for a pint,anyone fancy one.:rolleyes:

Sounds like your only choice is to bring a well wrapped bottle in a sealed plastic bag in your checked luggage. You can fill it when you get to the Doubletree.

i'm thinking like your thinking. throw out some of the wife's shoes-- and replace with vodka bottles.

I've rechecked hotels fyi-- looks like we might do Rennisance in Elizabeth nj. cab from hotel to pier is 60.00. Called winston -- woman said 138.83 -- r they crazy or what.

thanks for your help 138.

Archived