Business Class with Regent

Anna201213

I think to pay $1500.00 for flying Buenos Aires to Montreal. I checked with Air Canada and the flight is B.A. to Panama duration 7h24 and Panama to Toronto duration 5h23. So as I know that business class is not apply for domestic or intra-continental flights do you think that I gonna pay $1500 each for only 5h23 in business class. Thank you in advance

It is not uncommon for an international business fare to book into domestic first if there is no domestic business class cabin.

I would suggest asking which cabin and which aircraft you will be in on each leg so you can better decide if it is worth paying for the upgrade ...

Regent makes it clear the biz upgrade is for over ocean flights. However, sometimes I've had biz or first on over land portion if the airline is on the same airline code - but there's no guarantee.

Try pricing your own air and see how much biz class is - if you do your own air you get a rebate but lose the transfers -.

I think to pay $1500.00 for flying Buenos Aires to Montreal. I checked with Air Canada and the flight is B.A. to Panama duration 7h24 and Panama to Toronto duration 5h23. So as I know that business class is not apply for domestic or intra-continental flights do you think that I gonna pay $1500 each for only 5h23 in business class. Thank you in advance

The leg Buenos Aires to Panama may be on Copa Airlines, you may want to read some reviews of Copa, some people equate their biz class to upper economy in other airlines.

The leg Buenos Aires to Panama may be on Copa Airlines, you may want to read some reviews of Copa, some people equate their biz class to upper economy in other airlines.

Not sure why one would imagine that Air Canada or B.A. would codeshare with Copa, but that aside, I can attest that their biz class is a bit like upper economy, or like domestic Business. Lots better than coach, but not equivalent to most international business seats. You do get extra room, but seats not great, service either. I'd take them again though, if the price was right.

Aloha Anna,

Since we live in Hawaii, last year when we were considering our first Regent cruise, I decided that if we could not fly First/Business all the way to Europe, we would not go. We contacted our TA 6 or 7 months before the cruise, and we asked her to contact Regent air to find out if we did a deviation, if we could be guaranteed First/Business from HNL to the west coast as well as Business to Europe.

We did get First from HNL to LA and then Business from LA to Paris; this year we did the same thing for our upcoming trip in Oct.: we are in First from HNL to SEA and Business from SEA to Amsterdam. Never hurts to ask!

Aloha from Hanalei,

Mark

Not sure why one would imagine that Air Canada or B.A. would codeshare with Copa, but that aside, I can attest that their biz class is a bit like upper economy, or like domestic Business. Lots better than coach, but not equivalent to most international business seats. You do get extra room, but seats not great, service either. I'd take them again though, if the price was right.

Copa is part of Star Alliance and does codeshare with Air Canada. https://www.copaair.com/sites/cc/en/pages/staralliance.aspx

Aloha Anna,

Since we live in Hawaii, last year when we were considering our first Regent cruise, I decided that if we could not fly First/Business all the way to Europe, we would not go. We contacted our TA 6 or 7 months before the cruise, and we asked her to contact Regent air to find out if we did a deviation, if we could be guaranteed First/Business from HNL to the west coast as well as Business to Europe.

We did get First from HNL to LA and then Business from LA to Paris; this year we did the same thing for our upcoming trip in Oct.: we are in First from HNL to SEA and Business from SEA to Amsterdam. Never hurts to ask!

Aloha from Hanalei,

Mark

Did you get flat seats to Europe on any carrier

In August we fly from Chicago to Stockholm on SAS Business..they show lie- flat seats and on our return from London, we fly Virgin Atlantic and they also show lie flat seats.

But, there are lie-flats and there are lie-flats.

These only recline to 170-180 deg. I guess 'flat' lies in the eyes of the beholder. :D

By the way, all booked with Regent..

Aloha jctdlt,

Last year we had lie flat seats on Air France from LAX to Paris, and for the return on Luftansa, we had an older version, perhaps 170 degree, Business seat, though this was not a problem for me as I managed to sleep from Frankfurt to LA most of the way, and I am around 6'0" so this was not an issue.

Aloha from Hanalei,

Mark

(If you are flying in Virgin out of London - allow some extra time to use their Upper Class Lounge and call ahead and book your included hair/spa appointments)

We flew KLM, Swiss Air, Lufthansa, Air France and Delta all using Regent Business Class. We've used miles to fly Upper Class on Virgin.

(If you are flying in Virgin out of London - allow some extra time to use their Upper Class Lounge and call ahead and book your included hair/spa appointments)

We flew KLM, Swiss Air, Lufthansa, Air France and Delta all using Regent Business Class. We've used miles to fly Upper Class on Virgin.

Thanks....

Nice idea but since we have an 11:25am flight and we have to be shuttled from the port in Southampton to Heathrow, I don't know how much time we will have.

Besides, I don't know if it's safe to even mention the 'class' word in the Regent posts. :D:D

Will be flying Minneapolis to Istanbul Oct 3rd

Rome to Minneapolis on Oct 17th

Used FF miles round trip Billings Montana to MSP

Decided to use Regent Air and also to pay $999 each way business upgrade.

2 x $999 = $3,996

Now originally we were not going to use Regent Air and our tickets were -$1,000

less. (No such thing as "free air"). So we had to add the $1,000 per person back in

$150 x 2 = $300 for deviation, (flying in early), and also add the business class upgrade

of $3,996 MSP to IST and FCO to MSP.

This is a total of $6,296 for the air portion of our October 7th cruise.

Now yesterday I looked to see what it would cost us if we would have tried to book

this air arrangement ourselves. The price shocked me. It was $13,424.80.

Even though the Regent Air is not really "free air" the saving for us by using it are tremendous for this cruise.

Oh and the same day I received the flight schedule I got on line and secured our seating arrangement.

I agree. Business class air can cost more than Regents offers. Bummer you can't obtain the airline or a partner airline you want without deviation. I fly international often for work. I like flat bed seating over the pond. On the return I actually like the old business class seats. Better for a nap and watch movies. Flat bed seats are not great for staying up most of the time on the return.

Archived