Carnival Pride being refurbished?

waterwatcher

I have heard the Carnival Pride will be refurbished in November. Anyone know anything about this? It really needed it when we sailed in May.

i just sailed the pride sept 5 and i didnt think it looked like it really needed to be refurbished. it wasnt that bad.

We were on the 9/5 sailing and cannot say that it was in bad shape. It was very obvious of some things (many tiles were missing around the pools, paint on the balcony in disrepair, chairs needing to be cleaned, etc) but generally the ship is in good shape unless you're really looking for problems.

We were on the 9/5 sailing and cannot say that it was in bad shape. It was very obvious of some things (many tiles were missing around the pools, paint on the balcony in disrepair, chairs needing to be cleaned, etc) but generally the ship is in good shape unless you're really looking for problems.

I agree, I think she just needs a touch up. She is a great ship! We really enjoyed her!!

• 2 years later...
Anyone else think that Baltimore needs a new ship besides the Pride? The Pride has been here for too long now and is scheduled to be here through 2014 per Carnival Bookings Website

I love the Pride. Love leaving from Baltimore. But I agree with you. Planning our next cruise and we are leaning towards NY and trying the Splendor.

The Pride seems nice but it just looks dark inside... Could also do better 7 day itineraries. Maybe Half Moon Cay, Nassau, Key West for example. Would love to see a Dream Class ship in Baltimore!

I'd love to see a bigger ship also, but those pesky bridges (Key and Bay) that allow us to connect the 2 sides of the state seem to be a problem.

I do think though Carnival needs to bring some of their "better ships" up the East Coast because the cruising industry is becoming very competitive up the East Coast. This is especially true with the introduction of the Norwegian Breakaway which will homeport in New York. I would just hate to see Carnival lose out to the east coast where the US population is plentiful.

The Pride seems nice but it just looks dark inside... Could also do better 7 day itineraries. Maybe Half Moon Cay, Nassau, Key West for example. Would love to see a Dream Class ship in Baltimore!

I did not find her as dark as many photos suggest, and certainly not everywhere onboard.

Hmm-We have a cruise booked on the Pride out of Baltimore leaving Nov. 10th! So how is that going to work if the ship is scheduled for a refurb during that time?

Sure hope they are not going to be working while we're cruising!

According to the web site the Pride has back to back cruises from Nov 3rd through the entire month of Nov. So what's up Mach?

Our first sailing on the Pride was in September. We didn't notice anything that needed refurbishing. In fact, the ship looked a lot nicer than we expected. But, we did notice something curious about the glass sculpures on the staircase landings. Many of them are chipped. I still thought most of them were beautiful. We're booked on the Thanksgiving sailing. According to the information on this thread, the fresh paint will barely be dry when we board.

Anyone else think that Baltimore needs a new ship besides the Pride? The Pride has been here for too long now and is scheduled to be here through 2014 per Carnival Bookings Website

YES! The same shows, activities and everything!!! I must say it is time to give us a new ship and some new ports too.

Archived