QM2 Sydney Departure - postponed

facultative

Anyone know why the QM2 postponed departure today to midnight ?

Was departure delayed? According to the official port schedule, the departure time has been set at 23:59hrs for at least the past 25 hours since I first looked at the schedule as mentioned on the circumnavigation of australia thread started by Jenno. See http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1546705 post #51

I don't have Cunard's schedule, so I have no idea if there is any deviation there, but perhaps others with more information will comment on that.

The itinerary has recently changed as shown on http://www.cunard.com/Ships/Queen-Mary-2/Bridge-Web-Cam/

Sydney showed as one day, now shows as two (or parts thereof).

Port stop at Brisbane is no longer showing.

It appears that Brisbane has been elimated and a day added at Sydney - at least that is my observation, and it might well be incorrect.

YIKES! I just double checked, and Sydney is back to one day and Brisbane port stop is back also! Ok, that's enough for me...I'll log on later and see where things stand.

yes ...I am also getting confusing information from a passenger and also from various sites, like you said lets see what the final answer is after once hours have passed....

------------------

The itinerary has recently changed as shown on http://www.cunard.com/Ships/Queen-Mary-2/Bridge-Web-Cam/

Sydney showed as one day, now shows as two (or parts thereof).

Port stop at Brisbane is no longer showing.

It appears that Brisbane has been elimated and a day added at Sydney - at least that is my observation, and it might well be incorrect.

YIKES! I just double checked, and Sydney is back to one day and Brisbane port stop is back also! Ok, that's enough for me...I'll log on later and see where things stand.

Well it's 12:04 am and the ship hasn't left yet. I suppose you could call that a delay if you really wanted to. The ship is shuddering as though she's about to do something; almost as if she's yawning after waking up after a long sleep. It's now 12:15 am and no movement. I'd love to stay up for leaving Sydney but its too late.

Well it's 12:04 am and the ship hasn't left yet. I suppose you could call that a delay if you really wanted to. The ship is shuddering as though she's about to do something; almost as if she's yawning after waking up after a long sleep. It's now 12:15 am and no movement. I'd love to stay up for leaving Sydney but its too late.

Webcam's still showing you firmly alongside - and there's still at least a bow-spring on.

J

Interesting. She was over an hour late leaving Adelaide and and 2 hours late leaving Sydney. As far as I knew she was always going to leave at midnight from Sydney and still make the Brisbane stop.

One of the passengers who boarded in Fremantle said that it seemed like she was almost stationary at times across the Bight. So I guess there is a lot of fat built into the schedule. And no, that wasn't during the power failure. :)

Interesting. She was over an hour late leaving Adelaide and and 2 hours late leaving Sydney. As far as I knew she was always going to leave at midnight from Sydney and still make the Brisbane stop.

One of the passengers who boarded in Fremantle said that it seemed like she was almost stationary at times across the Bight. So I guess there is a lot of fat built into the schedule. And no, that wasn't during the power failure. :)

She had not finishing refueling.

Archived