Papua New Guinea Itineraries

joybook

I notice that the Dawn Princess is doing a cruise round trip from Sydney which takes in some ports in PNG next year.

Are any of you aware of any other cruises from Sydney (or Brisbane) that go to PNG and in particular include Port Moresby? While I would probably prefer to stick with Princess I would go with another cruise line if the itinerary was a good one. Will look forward to any replies - many thanks:)

I notice that the Dawn Princess is doing a cruise round trip from Sydney which takes in some ports in PNG next year.

Are any of you aware of any other cruises from Sydney (or Brisbane) that go to PNG and in particular include Port Moresby? While I would probably prefer to stick with Princess I would go with another cruise line if the itinerary was a good one. Will look forward to any replies - many thanks:)

p&o are doing a few cruises there, the Pacific Dawn from Brisbane and the Pearl from Sydney

Thanks - I have now been on P & O site and also OZcruising site. I didn't think the P & O cruises to PNG were all that exciting. Would prefer the Dawn Princess itinerary. The interesting thing I found was that having lived in Port Moresby for a few years some years ago that none of the cruises go to PM or to Lae for that matter. Knowing a little about the number and size of ships that used to come into Port Moresby in years gone by I am very surprised this port is not on the itineraries. Maybe it is a safety issue - I know that PM is not as safe now as it was when I was living there. I have a number of friends living there and it is obvious that it is not as safe as it used to be. If this is the reason it is sad because PNG is a great place and there would be plenty to see around PM and Lae in particular.:)

That cruise is one of the best itineraries they have put out for a long time.

It is also being offered over here as a 24 day cruise from Auckland.

I thought the prices are a bit high.

Wonder if they will come down?

Probably not, as if they don't sell here

there should be big demand from the WW2 vets in the States.

ISR24Llg.jpg

The Princess cruise has a great itinerary, but as you say expensive. I'm very happy with the P&O itinerary though. I reckon 10 days of that humidity and heat will be about all I can stand. :D I've no wish to go to Port Moresby or Lae these days. I think the Milne Bay area will be very interesting from what I have read.

Archived