How to time Mendehall glacier with Whalewatching tour ?

Dams

Our port time in Juneau is from 2.30pm to 10pm on July 9. Our only available whalewatching tour is at 4.30pm (with Orca).

What is the best option to see Mendenhall glacier? We are 5 of us.

Rent a car? before or after whalewatching tour?

or go with Orca on the combined tour?

When does it get dark there and not worthwhile being at the glacier?

thanks

What is it you want to do?? Any other touring stops? A car rental, could include a Mendenhall stop, then drive yourself direct to the whale watch. After continue on for more sightseeing???

A cab is similar pricing.

Arranging this via Orca is conveneith certainly.

Our port time in Juneau is from 2.30pm to 10pm on July 9. Our only available whalewatching tour is at 4.30pm (with Orca).

What is the best option to see Mendenhall glacier? We are 5 of us.

Rent a car? before or after whalewatching tour?

or go with Orca on the combined tour?

When does it get dark there and not worthwhile being at the glacier?

thanks

Sunset is at 8:57, it will be twilight until 10 pm, according to http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneYear.php.

You might try seeing if Orca will pick you up at Mendenhall Glacier, then catch the $8 shuttle there when you disembark. Or as someone suggested, have them drop you at the glacier and catch the shuttle or a taxi back. Usually "all aboard" is 30-60 minutes before the departure time (on the Rhapsody it was 30 minutes except for Victoria, which was 60).

thanks for your replies.

Our port time is 2.30pm to 10pm and we will be tendering in Juneau, I think.

Our Orca trip checkin is at 4 pm and the actual tour is from 4.30 to 8pm or so.I assume we will not have time for the Mendenhall glacier before the Orca tour.

Will we have enough time to make it after the whale watching tour if we are tendering?

I guess I will have to ask Orca people if they can drop me at the Mendenhall after the whale watching is over? Is the mendehall glacier ctr on the way/close to the route to whalewatching excursion?

thanks for your replies.

Our port time is 2.30pm to 10pm and we will be tendering in Juneau, I think.

Our Orca trip checkin is at 4 pm and the actual tour is from 4.30 to 8pm or so.I assume we will not have time for the Mendenhall glacier before the Orca tour.

Will we have enough time to make it after the whale watching tour if we are tendering?

I guess I will have to ask Orca people if they can drop me at the Mendenhall after the whale watching is over? Is the mendehall glacier ctr on the way/close to the route to whalewatching excursion?

You may not want a Mendenhall drop off after the whale watch around 8pm? IF you do this, you will have to have a cab arranged for a pick up, in advance, for return to the ship. I suggest, you first see if Orca is doing any pick ups prior to your whale watch. IF so, you need to verify if you are tendering or not. If not, then plan on getting off your ship right when it docks and on to a Mendenhall shuttle- if Orca picks up. CALL them to confirm the pick up once you get there.

Archived