Can I lose 10 pounds in two months?

Mijuraad

Now that I'm no longer 39, I've found the only way I can lose weight is to book a cruise. That said, the dieting routine usually doesn't kick in until 6 weeks before departure, which is a tad too late for me to lose anything but water weight.

However, I'm determined to begin the dieting process today--right now--this minute, which leaves me exactly 8 weeks to achieve body perfection.

I am a female of $#@##! years, stand 4 feet 11 inches (shrunken from 5 feet) and weigh 120 pounds. As a result of my having lived, most of my plump and perky parts are heading toward extinction. Every item of cruise clothing I own is size 10 petite. If I were to try things on tonight, I'd cancel the cruise, but a week from today, when I have lost a few ounces, I'll try on a few of my roomier outfits. I'll be wearing an underwire bra, of course.

I am writing this blog as a combination count-down to the cruise, and challenge to myself to lose a couple of pounds. I'll be keeping track and keeping up to date on this blog. Any encouragement or tips will be welcomed.

I'm hungry already.

However, I'm determined to begin the dieting process today--right now--this minute, which leaves me exactly 8 weeks to achieve body perfection.

I am a female of $#@##! years, stand 4 feet 11 inches (shrunken from 5 feet) and weigh 120 pounds. As a result of my having lived, most of my plump and perky parts are heading toward extinction. Every item of cruise clothing I own is size 10 petite. If I were to try things on tonight, I'd cancel the cruise, but a week from today, when I have lost a few ounces, I'll try on a few of my roomier outfits. I'll be wearing an underwire bra, of course.

I am writing this blog as a combination count-down to the cruise, and challenge to myself to lose a couple of pounds. I'll be keeping track and keeping up to date on this blog. Any encouragement or tips will be welcomed.

I'm hungry already.

This worked for me at 50+ :p . I went from a generous 10 or 12 down to size 9..... no special exercise.

Cut out all Dairy - use Soy or Rice Milk. This means no hard cheese/butter. NO BREAD or WHEAT cereals (use natural Muesli and add LSA mix ).....have Ryevita or Corn/Rice crispbreads. NO JAM or sugar. Use Avocado instead of butter. Limit red meat or replace with grilled fish/chicken. A few almonds daily. Heaps of salads/greens/vegetables (not potatoes). Piece of Fruit for dessert. 8 glasses of water daily. Start the day with freshly juiced carrot/celery/apple/beetroot/parsley.

OK....don't think I've forgotten anything - however except for being lazy and not juicing, this eating regime no longer works for me :( . Perhaps I cheat a little now (love cheese and must have toast with soup in winter). My cruise is 14 months away...out with the juicer again, ride the bike and walk regularly :rolleyes: . I keep the cheese for grandson (also the choccie biscuits)....must be STRONG ;) .

You should get results after 7 days......keep me posted on progress :D

B E V

Depending on your diet you may be able to lose 5+ lbs/week if you take enough water weight off by cutting out all the sodium (no soda, popcorn, precooked meals that you renuke in the micro). You might be surprised (I always am) at how much comes off the midsection by cutting sodium out alone.

Feel free to come join us on the atkins board if you'd like- most of us lost 5-10 lbs (I started at 130 and dropped 20 in about 6 months time at 5'3) in just a week. I think 20lbs in 2 months may be doable but not advisable. 10 lbs is a more realistic goal! (JMHO)

Good luck to you, and no matter what, enjoy your cruise

Pink :p

Depending on your diet you may be able to lose 5+ lbs/week if you take enough water weight off by cutting out all the sodium (no soda, popcorn, precooked meals that you renuke in the micro). You might be surprised (I always am) at how much comes off the midsection by cutting sodium out alone.

Feel free to come join us on the atkins board if you'd like- most of us lost 5-10 lbs (I started at 130 and dropped 20 in about 6 months time at 5'3) in just a week. I think 20lbs in 2 months may be doable but not advisable. 10 lbs is a more realistic goal! (JMHO)

Now that I'm no longer 39, I've found the only way I can lose weight is to book a cruise. That said, the dieting routine usually doesn't kick in until 6 weeks before departure, which is a tad too late for me to lose anything but water weight.

I'm hungry already.

Glad to hear there are other people out there dieting before their cruise, I got weight off using Jenny Craig and I have now been 11 months within +/- 2kg of my goal weight. I just had a weigh in and decided to get two weeks of JC ready meals to get those extra pounds off as I have not got long to go now. I also wear my pedometer and watch television walking on the spot which seems to work. Good luck with shedding your:) pounds.

For almost everyone, you lose a lot more weight up front because it is a combination of fat loss and water, but hey, as long as it stays off over time....and the clothes will fit great.

Once I lost 15 lbs. in a month with my own "custom" diet plan that was based off a skeleton WW plan. I thought about the foods that I liked, then made a menu based on those things, made sure I got all of the food groups covered, dark greens, orange veggies, fruit, protein, dairy/calcium, etc., kept it very low in sugar, low in calories too. This is what I ate for a month. I'll admit that it got boring, but it did taste good and I was able to do it for the 4 weeks. I started out at 141, I think, and ended up at 126 (5'2") and felt great. You could alter it to suit your own taste, I'm sure, exchanging low-fat cottage cheese for the egg or low-fat yogurt. I'm going by memory but this is what I remember.

Breakfast:

Soft boiled egg

light wheat toast (no butter)

4 oz. oj

For Lunch and dinner: my filler food was a soup that I made, but altered with seasoning for dinner so that I wouldn't die of boredom :D .

Chicken & Spinach Soup (it was boiled chicken breast, diced, strained the water, tossed the chicken back in, and added chopped frozen spinach (good source of iron), chopped garlic, diced onion, shredded carrots (orange veggies for vitamin A), seasonings to taste, chicken bouillon, etc. At lunch I would eat it as is, and at dinner, when I heated a bowl, I would add a little Sesame Oil and soy sauce to give it an Asian flavor. You can also add some heat if you like....cayenne pepper.

Lunch:

Soup (ate it until I felt full)

an apple

1-2 oz. of cheddar cheese

Dinner:

More Chicken soup, seasoned differently, as noted

Sugar Free Jell-O with fresh fruit added to bulk it up (like chopped apples, mandarin oranges)

Glass of Milk

Pumpkin Dessert: At the beginning of the week, I'd make an 8x8 pan (sprayed with Pam) of a crustless pumpkin "pie"....combo of an egg, a small canof pumpkin, sweetener (Splenda would work), cinnamon and nutmeg, or pumpkin pie spice, then would bake it all up until a toothpick came out clean (350 degrees). Would cut the "pie" up into 9 pieces, then top a piece with a whipped topping like Dream Whip (whipped to directions).

I added in sugar-free beverages--coffee, iced tea, etc.

Sorry that the recipes aren't more detailed, I'm typing from the top of my head. I came across the pumpkin recipe just this week in a pile of notes and that reminded me.

That was the most weight I EVER lost in a month (mind you that I was in my late 20's) and it was so funny to see how shocked my friends were. One girl came up to me on a Sunday and said, "YOU'RE WAIST!" Another good friend...male....took a look at me on the 4th week and got this big grin then picked me up and swung me in a full circle and said, "What did you do? You're disappearing." It was pretty funny.

Many, many thanks for the diet regimes you've put onto this board. I plan to use them, especially the ones that allow an egg or some cheese now and then. Tomorrow morning I'm going to copy some of your recommendations and be serious about losing weight. Admitting that the older I get, the harder it seems to drop pounds, I really want to do this.

Today, day one, we were invited out to dinner, which is not the best way to begin a diet. The meal featured fahitas made with skirt steak marinated in vermouth, squeezed lime and lemon, and assorted spices, and griled on the barbecue. I was doing okay with that and grilled zucchini until a voice I barely recognized came out of my head saying, "Please pass the sour cream." In spite of temptation, I ate only one fahita, and a bowl full of salad.

Then we all went out for ice cream.

Still, I didn't snack around the clock today, and tomorrow I will start in earnest. First thing will be the cutting out of salt.

Many, many thanks for the diet regimes you've put onto this board. I plan to use them, especially the ones that allow an egg or some cheese now and then. Tomorrow morning I'm going to copy some of your recommendations and be serious about losing weight. Admitting that the older I get, the harder it seems to drop pounds, I really want to do this.

Today, day one, we were invited out to dinner, which is not the best way to begin a diet. The meal featured fahitas made with skirt steak marinated in vermouth, squeezed lime and lemon, and assorted spices, and griled on the barbecue. I was doing okay with that and grilled zucchini until a voice I barely recognized came out of my head saying, "Please pass the sour cream." In spite of temptation, I ate only one fahita, and a bowl full of salad.

Then we all went out for ice cream.

Still, I didn't snack around the clock today, and tomorrow I will start in earnest. First thing will be the cutting out of salt.

Good for you Mij...we'll be rooting for you. Please post your progress. It is encouraging to see how others do. I'm the one who posted the plan with the cheese and egg and "pumpkin" pie. I may haul that out and do that for a week because I've been on a 5 week plateau!! Yuck.:(

be careful about diet soda and diet

tea...there is something in the chemical compound that can trigger receptors in the part of the brain that make you want to eat more.

In Brazil we drink "mate"..you can buy yerba mate tea most places..brew it in a jug in the sun for a few hours, then put tons of limes in it...very refreshing and a good appetite killer.

Hi Annatoo, KiwiCruiser, Pink Bikini, Salsa Dancer, Gathina, and Odoyal,

Never thought five of the ten pounds I'd like to lose would come off in less than a week, but here I am, slimmer...without having done strenuous exercises or worrying about exotic diet food preparation.

Would you all consider me to be cheating just because I've had a case of Montezuma's Revenge for the last three days? Yuk! I'm a mess...can't stay out of the bathroom and have been eating bananas, tea, rice, and grilled chicken. The worst part is that I know as soon as I feel better, I'll put the pounds back and will have to start the diet again from scratch.

It's fun reading your stories and your words of encouragement.

Once I lost 15 lbs. in a month with my own "custom" diet plan that was based off a skeleton WW plan. I thought about the foods that I liked, then made a menu based on those things, made sure I got all of the food groups covered, dark greens, orange veggies, fruit, protein, dairy/calcium, etc., kept it very low in sugar, low in calories too. This is what I ate for a month. I'll admit that it got boring, but it did taste good and I was able to do it for the 4 weeks. I started out at 141, I think, and ended up at 126 (5'2") and felt great. You could alter it to suit your own taste, I'm sure, exchanging low-fat cottage cheese for the egg or low-fat yogurt. I'm going by memory but this is what I remember.

Breakfast:

Soft boiled egg

light wheat toast (no butter)

4 oz. oj

For Lunch and dinner: my filler food was a soup that I made, but altered with seasoning for dinner so that I wouldn't die of boredom :D .

Chicken & Spinach Soup (it was boiled chicken breast, diced, strained the water, tossed the chicken back in, and added chopped frozen spinach (good source of iron), chopped garlic, diced onion, shredded carrots (orange veggies for vitamin A), seasonings to taste, chicken bouillon, etc. At lunch I would eat it as is, and at dinner, when I heated a bowl, I would add a little Sesame Oil and soy sauce to give it an Asian flavor. You can also add some heat if you like....cayenne pepper.

Lunch:

Soup (ate it until I felt full)

an apple

1-2 oz. of cheddar cheese

Dinner:

More Chicken soup, seasoned differently, as noted

Sugar Free Jell-O with fresh fruit added to bulk it up (like chopped apples, mandarin oranges)

Glass of Milk

Pumpkin Dessert: At the beginning of the week, I'd make an 8x8 pan (sprayed with Pam) of a crustless pumpkin "pie"....combo of an egg, a small canof pumpkin, sweetener (Splenda would work), cinnamon and nutmeg, or pumpkin pie spice, then would bake it all up until a toothpick came out clean (350 degrees). Would cut the "pie" up into 9 pieces, then top a piece with a whipped topping like Dream Whip (whipped to directions).

I added in sugar-free beverages--coffee, iced tea, etc.

Sorry that the recipes aren't more detailed, I'm typing from the top of my head. I came across the pumpkin recipe just this week in a pile of notes and that reminded me.

I find this a little too elaborate for my busy schedule...does anyone have any suggestions for something a little simpler, yet effective? Besides the ready made meals full of sodium (as PinkBikini stated earlier). I've done the SlimFast plan and lost 34 lbs., but seem to have "plateau-ed" and need to get that last 20 lbs. off. Any new suggestions that are simple like a plan like that are welcome :D

In Brazil we drink "mate"..you can buy yerba mate tea most places..brew it in a jug in the sun for a few hours, then put tons of limes in it...very refreshing and a good appetite killer.

Does this type of tea have caffine? Caffine dehydrates the body, which makes it more difficult to lose weight.

Why do you think Salsa dancer's plan is elaborate? it's eating simple food..and the truth is no way of healthy eating is that simple..you have to plan accordingly and make major lifestyle adjustments. you can't drink slim fast the rest of your life. well, you could, but would you want to?

It has some, but less than coffee..the main thing is it's an appetite suprressent and VERY common in south america.

I find this a little too elaborate for my busy schedule...does anyone have any suggestions for something a little simpler, yet effective? Besides the ready made meals full of sodium (as PinkBikini stated earlier). I've done the SlimFast plan and lost 34 lbs., but seem to have "plateau-ed" and need to get that last 20 lbs. off. Any new suggestions that are simple like a plan like that are welcome :D

Does this type of tea have caffine? Caffine dehydrates the body, which makes it more difficult to lose weight.

DH and I have both been on Weight Watchers for about a month and have both lost 12lbs. We take a 1/2 hr walk every evening and count our points. I have a really hard time losing weight so this is really good for me. With determination and willpower you can do it. Good luck.

Why do you think Salsa dancer's plan is elaborate? it's eating simple food..and the truth is no way of healthy eating is that simple..you have to plan accordingly and make major lifestyle adjustments. you can't drink slim fast the rest of your life. well, you could, but would you want to?

No, I suppose I can't do SlimFast for the rest of my life, but its gotten me this far. I agree your diet consists of simple food and is probably the best route to go, but I just simply don't have the time during the day to prepare all of that, and then still have time to eat it. I'm just looking for something that's a little easier and less time consuming.

No, I suppose I can't do SlimFast for the rest of my life, but its gotten me this far. I agree your diet consists of simple food and is probably the best route to go, but I just simply don't have the time during the day to prepare all of that, and then still have time to eat it. I'm just looking for something that's a little easier and less time consuming.

Substitute all dairy for SOY (Milk/Tofu). Avocado as spread.....no JAMS. No WHEAT....use OATS or RYE. Herb teas and water. Give this a try for 2 weeks - I'm sure you will lose weight :p .

B E V

I want to lose 20 lbs.I've tried weight watchers, could never eat all my points gave it up. I've tried atkins and got very sick from all the fat in the food,felt like I had the flu for a month.Any suggestions. PS I have severe food allergy to celery,avacado,kiwi fruit,eggs tomatoe and potatoe( it is a protien link that also makes me allergic to Latex)

Help!

I guess that's what I don't understand..what was so hard about preparing the food she mentioned.

I guess that's what I don't understand..what was so hard about preparing the food she mentioned.

I never said it was hard. I said it was time consuming. Time that I simply don't have every day...All I said was that I am trying to find a more simple alternative that would fit my lifestyle a little better than making stuff from scratch each and every day. I don't have time to sit there and boil chicken breast, and chop up all the ingredients to make a soup...and then still have time to eat it. Just looking for a simple alternative that would still be just as beneficial as what she mentioned.

No need to get huffy. I didn't think it took much time to boil a piece of chicken breast or chop up ingredients. You do what works for you.

A big reason why people get fat, IMO, is because they don't want to take the time to plan. Not saying that's why you are fat, that's just my opinon.

I never said it was hard. I said it was time consuming. Time that I simply don't have every day...All I said was that I am trying to find a more simple alternative that would fit my lifestyle a little better than making stuff from scratch each and every day. I don't have time to sit there and boil chicken breast, and chop up all the ingredients to make a soup...and then still have time to eat it. Just looking for a simple alternative that would still be just as beneficial as what she mentioned.

If you don't have time you can still prepare a soup. Most stores (even the bigger walmarts) have the roasted chickens. If you buy them cold (they are leftovers) they are quite cheap. I use the dark meat in soup, the white in sandwiches, chicken salad, or warm up and eat with a salad or whatever you want. Back to the soup. Buy a good low sodium chicken stock (or vegetable) Add the chicken and some frozen mixed vegetables. If you would like to add some pasta do that to. Add some herbs parsley, basil, oregano, thyme.... experiment and see what you like. Check the internet for some easy black bean soups. Soups are a great lunch. Easy to take with if you work.

I like to cook from scratch, cutting things up for me is almost like therapy! But I know it is not for everyone.

Things I will do to save time is why roast one chicken when it is just as easy to roast two. Then portion out the leftover meat and freeze. Meatloaf I make into small individual loaves, after baking & cooling I wrap & freeze them.

When Iwant an easy dinner I put one in the fridge in the morning and about and hour before dinner I put one in the oven with a potato (my favorite is sweet potato.) Yes I make a vegetable too!

It is like Gathina says, all in the planning. But after you get started it won't seem so time consuming. It really is about creating new ways of doing things.

Kelly

Archived