Dolphin Swim vs. Dolphin Encounter

joannefr

I am just wondering for anyone who has done either one if you feel it is worth the extra money for the dolphin swim as opposed to the encounter. I will have a 14 and 16 year old with me who I know would think it would be neat to get the push off but it is a lot of money for 30 minutes. I also have a 7 and 8 year old and I think they would be content with the encounter.

Also how fast does it fill up? If I get off the cruise ship at the port - is it far from there. I know you takea boat over to the island but I am not sure where you get on the boat.

Thanks

Joanne

I am just wondering for anyone who has done either one if you feel it is worth the extra money for the dolphin swim as opposed to the encounter. I will have a 14 and 16 year old with me who I know would think it would be neat to get the push off but it is a lot of money for 30 minutes. I also have a 7 and 8 year old and I think they would be content with the encounter.

Also how fast does it fill up? If I get off the cruise ship at the port - is it far from there. I know you takea boat over to the island but I am not sure where you get on the boat.

Thanks

Joanne

Can't tell you to choose one over the other.. but I can help with the other info.

The Dolphin SWIM.. books up months in advance, especially in high season. Sometimes books three months in advance.. so don't procrastinate on this. If you book from the ship, they will pick you up at the wharf just outside of port. If you book directly, you'll need to grab a cab to Paradise Island Ferry Terminal to pick up your voucher and meet the ferry (it's likely the same ferry as the ship, but not always).

THe special ferry takes you to the Blue lagoon Private Island where you'll get a chance to play with the dolphins.

Make sure you make your ferry back to Nassau.. they don't run very often.

Thanks scubagirrl!! Does it take bery long to get to the terminal from the port? I guess the swim will definately be out - we are there next week!!!!!! If possible I would like to try and do the 8:30am session though so we can have the rest of the day at the beach and possibly Ardastra Gardens. We dock at 7am.

Thanks

Joanne

Archived