When do you need to register Carnival stock to get the on-board credit?

calteacher

Can't seem to find the answer as to when to register our stock in order to get the credit. Our next cruise is not until July 2013. If we try to register now, will they ask for proof that we still own the stock? (But, since the price has tanked since I purchased the stock, I can't imagine selling it!)

Thanks for your help.

Can't seem to find the answer as to when to register our stock in order to get the credit. Our next cruise is not until July 2013. If we try to register now, will they ask for proof that we still own the stock? (But, since the price has tanked since I purchased the stock, I can't imagine selling it!)

Thanks for your help.

Just purchased 100 shares last week, and requested the shareholder onboard credit to be applied to our upcoming April 2012, July 2012, December 2012 and July 2013 cruises. The credits were posted the same day on all four.

Thanks. I'll do it in the next week or so.

The current stockholder benefit is for bookings made by Feb 29, 2012 for sailings thru July 31, 2012. For the past several years, that benefit has been renewed, and the announcement ought to be made in the next couple of weeks.

I would hold off applying for the benefit, as your sailing is outside of the current parameters (http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit) ... and, they expect a current brokerage statement or similar.

With your cruise being so far off, even if you wait for the announcement of the benefit extension, it is possible that HAL will ask you to resubmit some 6 months or so before your sailing. I would guess they would want to confirm stock ownership closer to your trip, to be certain they're giving benefits to people still owning the stock. Not saying you would sell it, but I think your timeframe if too far out.

Yes, another poster mentioned getting the benefit for a 2013 cruise, but that is possibly an exception since he/she has several cruises booked.

We usually send it in after final payment is made. Always ask for a reply. We also use it on Princess.

Thanks. I've asked for a reply on both emails, but never got any confirmation that they received it or that it had been applied. There's also no indication of it when I log onto HAL's site. I may have to call them - we sail next month.

How do you know it posted? I sent ours in two weeks ago and haven't heard a word. I sent a follow up e-mail two days ago and still haven't heard back.

This was on our last cruise (haven't sent it in for this upcoming cruise). It was listed on our statement. I always also bring a copy of our stock statement, along with confirmation for everything else I do online or via fax/phone with me. Nothing like having the piece of paper or receipt in your hand should anything go wrong. You could probably call HAL to see if the fax made it and was documented. :)

Thanks. I've asked for a reply on both emails, but never got any confirmation that they received it or that it had been applied. There's also no indication of it when I log onto HAL's site. I may have to call them - we sail next month.

I book with a HAL PCC and my Stock credit shows up on my "View/Make Payments" tab under "My Reservations". From what I have been reading, this will differ depending on how you book (PCC, Standard HAL Reservations, or Travel Agent).

In addition, HAL generates a "Guest Copy" reservation which contains pricing and obc from HAL (FCC and Stock). It also contains the itinerary, cancellation fees, and other information. Mine is 4 pages long. If you have not received this, you could ask and make sure your PCC, Reservation Agent or Travel Agent forwards a copy of it to you.

Rich

I book with a HAL PCC and my Stock credit shows up on my "View/Make Payments" tab under "My Reservations". From what I have been reading, this will differ depending on how you book (PCC, Standard HAL Reservations, or Travel Agent).

In addition, HAL generates a "Guest Copy" reservation which contains pricing and obc from HAL (FCC and Stock). It also contains the itinerary, cancellation fees, and other information. Mine is 4 pages long. If you have not received this, you could ask and make sure your PCC, Reservation Agent or Travel Agent forwards a copy of it to you.

Rich

Thanks, Rich. I booked through a TA, but sent the stock information directly to HAL. Payment information doesn't show up in my account on HAL's website. Maybe I'll start with the TA and have her look into it.

Thanks, Rich. I booked through a TA, but sent the stock information directly to HAL. Payment information doesn't show up in my account on HAL's website. Maybe I'll start with the TA and have her look into it.

Yes, ask your TA to send you written confirmation. Mine did once they confirmed with HAL. For those that I booked directly with HAL (and have not yet transferred to a TA), they showed up within a few hours on View/Make Payments section of the appropriate booking.

Just purchased 100 shares last week, and requested the shareholder onboard credit to be applied to our upcoming April 2012, July 2012, December 2012 and July 2013 cruises. The credits were posted the same day on all four.

According to the Carnival Rules application should be made at least a week before departure..

I usually write a letter, including our HAL Reservation Number, ship name & departure date..About a month or two before departure I FAX the request along with a copy of our Bank statement to Karen Stuart, World Cruise Reservations..In the letter I request an e-mail confirmation...

Since we make our Reservations with a TA, I have no way of checking if it has been done, but Karen has always e-mailed a confirmation to us within a week..

We take a copy of our e-mail confirmation with us on the cruise, but have never had a problem..

Cheers...Betty

I contacted our TA yesterday and she will confirm with HAL on Monday. Contrary to what some posts have said here, it seems that if you used a TA you do have to go through them to get the confirmation.

We use a TA who is a consolidator...They do not handle any OBC's....We also book our own air & hotels...I've been Faxing a letter Karen Stuart, World Cruise Reservations, for several years with our request for OBC..Also send a copy of our Brokerage Statement & never has she told me to go through the TA.. She always sends us a reply by e-mail..

Cheers...:)Betty

Betty

A question from our neighbor about the stock. I own my shares individually and have no idea. He wants to buy some shares in joint with his wife. Would either of them be able to get the OBC if they were to sail without the other? We fully understand that there is only one CCL stockholder OBC per cabin, no matter how many stockholders are in that cabin. Thanks.

A question from our neighbor about the stock. I own my shares individually and have no idea. He wants to buy some shares in joint with his wife. Would either of them be able to get the OBC if they were to sail without the other? We fully understand that there is only one CCL stockholder OBC per cabin, no matter how many stockholders are in that cabin. Thanks.
I would say yes, mine are in an IRA account and never had a problem.

My DH & I jointly own the stock..I've read the Carnival Shareholder benefit page & see no restriction about only one individual cruising.. IMO one or the other should cruise along that individual would be entitled to the OBC..

Cheers...:)Betty

Archived