Welcome to London!

norm2002

Oh dear, I forgot! Walking to my office facing Tower Bridge this morning, noticed the bridge was open, which is very unusual at about 6.15am. Seconds later the Pride came sailing through, backing in. Didn't even have my camera with me, only the camera in my mobile phone! Beautiful sight although the sun was quite low behind her. Because of the glaring sun, I couldn't see if I could recognise anyone on the ship's bridge or on the ship.

Welcome home to London!

PS. Is it a coincidence that today is also the day the World Premiere of Sex and the City takes place in London. Surely, Kerry, Sam, Miranda and Charlotte have not come to town on the Pride?

Oh dear, I forgot! Walking to my office facing Tower Bridge this morning, noticed the bridge was open, which is very unusual at about 6.15am. Seconds later the Pride came sailing through, backing in. Didn't even have my camera with me, only the camera in my mobile phone! Beautiful sight although the sun was quite low behind her. Because of the glaring sun, I couldn't see if I could recognise anyone on the ship's bridge or on the ship.

Welcome home to London!

PS. Is it a coincidence that today is also the day the World Premiere of Sex and the City takes place in London. Surely, Kerry, Sam, Miranda and Charlotte have not come to town on the Pride?

What a nice treat Norm..thanks for sharing with us! Lola

You can wave to me next year Norm!;)

If you are coming to London, I will try to more more than wave! But are you sure the Pride is coming to London next year? I thought she is only coming to Dover? Not exactly an exciting port!

You're right, Granny! I was looking at May.

Gulp!! The website says the ship is due in at 5.30am! Not sure I can even get to Tower Bridge by public transport that early! I've put it in my diary and will check again nearer the time. Are you staying in London or flying out the same day?

5.30am?? :eek: I hadnt actually read that part, but suppose I will have to be up much earler than that! Cant miss the sail into the Thames and under the bridge! Maybe I just wont sleep that night and catch up the next day! At this stage we plan on staying in London about 10 days....been ages since we were there, so need to see all the sights all over again! Probably see some shows....all the usual tourist stuff! Read some "historical novels" on The Pride and bought the rest of the series from Amazon a couple of weeks ago, sooooooooo just have to see where the heads came off, and all that stuff again! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Makes me feel sad now, reading your post as I was on the Pride as she sailed in on the 12 May, wishing , of course, that I was sailing out again, but that's for another day!

We had a wonderful time on the Rivers of Western Europe trip (Lisbon to London) with super weather pretty much all the way. Bordeaux, St Malo and Rouen were the highlights for me.

I work in the City too so it was bittersweet disembarking but then it was only a 15 minute walk to the office which was the shortest trip home yet.

Sandy K

• 1 month later...

...sailing into London. I've been watching Wimbledon for a week and I'm pining to see one of my favorite cities again. I don't know how it would feel to sail under Tower Bridge on the Pride....I might just have a happiness overload.

Jane

Archived