Star Clipper cruise out of Barbados

Farmboy15

Hi everyone, I need some advice, we are about to book Star Clipper out of Barbados 7 days around around the Caribbean, 9th March '13, we have never used this cruise line before. I need as much info/advice as possible, food/drink cabins etc in fact anything about day to day life on board

thanks

Stevie

:)

Great advice from Muskatnuss!

Star Clippers are beautiful, well-appointed SAILING ships. These draw an international passenger list and crew, which is great fun. We've sailed the Star Clipper out of Barbados twice, and it's a really nice port. I especially enjoy SC's passenger/crew talent night!

thanks guys, we have never been on a sailing ship before and really looking forward to the whole experience, although I am not really one for joiining in the talent shows etc but I suppose I will give it a try if pressed

Stevie

Oh, we didn't join into the talent show....we watched, along with most everyone else. These really were talented shows, with an international flair. Music, dance, lots of fun to watch. I do hope Star Clippers still has these. We've been sailing on the smaller tall-ships in recent years (12-40 passengers). Love tall-ship sailing/cruising, but we're finding we like smaller, totally casual tall-ship sailing even better.

farmboy,

have been in cabin 259, don't take it. It is rather small, and lacked storage space. Since it is in the back, you will feel a lot of movement and noise from water/wind. Cabin 272 is the same! On my May trip I had cabin 121, perfect, but is a cat. 3. Have no idea about cat. 4 on same floor. They are all close to dining room, but no noise trouble. The only other cabin I have been in is cabin 313, but that is on the main deck and a deluxe suite, but that was ten years ago. For the TA in November I will have cabin, do know the location, but have not seen it yet. Will let you know beginning of December, perhaps a little late for you. Have a nice trip, loved that one.

Farmboy, just put the blame on me :). Please let us know how your trip was. On the website of Star Clippers you can find info on ports of call. Brings you in the right mood months before you are going! If you are flying in one day ahead of embarkation, the Accra hotel which is offered by Star Clippers is nice. Just accross the street there is a small supermarket and several restaurants. They just finished the boardwalk along the beach. On the beach, be aware of a guy who is offering free massage! Don't take his offer, it is a complete rip off, I still blame the time difference, it happened before I realised it:). Easy target, woman on her own! There is also an ATM close by. If you have any more questions, just ask. Enjoy your weekend.

• 1 month later...

Hello, We are also looking at this sailing if we can get the air schedule coordinated. We were originally booked on the same week on the Star Flyer to Costa Rica but the air travel was unreasonable as to timing and how many places they would send us. I have been on many mega ships and am really looking forward to a very small sailing experience. I would love to hear as well experiences from people who have done both types of cruises.

This sailing would also take me to places that I have not been to yet.

Thank you

Archived