Redeeming a Future Carnival Vacation certificate

maldenmusic

On my last cruise I bought a $100 FVC certificate. Now I am trying to book another cruise for May and am not sure how to redeem it. I always book online and there was no place where they asked if you had a certificate or voucher. The voucher says you can do this online-does anyone know how this works? Also, I am supposed to get a $50 OBC with a 5 days cruise which I am doing. THAT paper says to call Carnival or my travel agent which I don't have. Thanks for any help.

I recently called Carnival and was told to access the form by going to www.carnival.com/fcv

You'll be able to enter the info there, and it will take up to 2 weeks for it to be processed.

I went to that link and now I have another question. I just now booked the cruise and in the link it asks for "Requestor" name-what is this? It won't take my name there but rather asks for it later. Thanks for your help!

I did mine on that link and just used my first name. Just so you know they are SLOW, it does not take 5-7 business days more like 21 and that was after I called 3 times. I submitted on the 7th and it wasn't credited until yesterday.

Joy, I get to rant (as a web developer) about Carnival's terrible user interface again. The "Requestor" is their idiotic term for a single name belonging to the person who is making the request (probably your first name, not last, with no spaces or it will be rejected by the stupid form). Take care to enter exactly the correct telephone number format (555)123-4567 and note that there is no space after the closing parentheses in the prefix. Then, when you're finished, don't be surprised if it will not submit.

You may have to use Internet Explorer to access and complete the form. Before filling out the form, clear your cache and cookies, and then go to the Tools tab on IE and click "compatibility mode" or whatever the item is called now, and add Carnival.com. Then it might work, or maybe not.

Now suspicious people will wonder why the form is so terrible, whether Carnival is hoping that you might give up and ultimately forget to redeem your future cruise certificate. Of course, you could use the postal service and send it in a certified letter, and then expect to see the results -- or not -- on your Carnival account within the next two to six weeks.

Funny thing is, nearly every other ecommerce site that I deal with handles gift cards, discounts, and certificates quickly and easily without browser issues or other shenanigans. At Amazon I simply enter the number of my gift card and the value appears within seconds on my account. This requires hiring a programmer who has at least passed his first Computer 101 course. Okay, rant over. Hope this helps.

Joy, I get to rant (as a web developer) about Carnival's terrible user interface again. The "Requestor" is their idiotic term for a single name belonging to the person who is making the request (probably your first name, not last, with no spaces or it will be rejected by the stupid form). Take care to enter exactly the correct telephone number format (555)123-4567 and note that there is no space after the closing parentheses in the prefix. Then, when you're finished, don't be surprised if it will not submit.

You may have to use Internet Explorer to access and complete the form. Before filling out the form, clear your cache and cookies, and then go to the Tools tab on IE and click "compatibility mode" or whatever the item is called now, and add Carnival.com. Then it might work, or maybe not.

Now suspicious people will wonder why the form is so terrible, whether Carnival is hoping that you might give up and ultimately forget to redeem your future cruise certificate. Of course, you could use the postal service and send it in a certified letter, and then expect to see the results -- or not -- on your Carnival account within the next two to six weeks.

Funny thing is, nearly every other ecommerce site that I deal with handles gift cards, discounts, and certificates quickly and easily without browser issues or other shenanigans. At Amazon I simply enter the number of my gift card and the value appears within seconds on my account. This requires hiring a programmer who has at least passed his first Computer 101 course. Okay, rant over. Hope this helps.

I just tried everything and of course it will NOT submit. My husband and I were just discussing the fact that Carnival probably makes it so much of a hassle so that people just say "to $%&* with it" and don't redeem it. My hubby is a retired computer engineer and I'm a teacher and we are both very computer literate and some of the stuff on their site is very outdated. I'm going to try to submit the way you suggested and if all else fails I'll go ahead and send it via registered snail mail. Thanks for all the help from everyone!

I just applied my FCC to my Destiny cruise yesterday. I was having the issue with the "compatability view" as well. I tried everything and could not get the form to submit. I called Carnival and they just submitted it for me and I received the confirmation e-mail. Because the cruise is already paid in full I asked if they could apply the entire $150 as OBC and was told "No" and that my credit card would receive a $100 credit. Wish Carnival could handle these things better. With NCL when you buy a FCC it is linked to your past guest number til you use it!!

I just tried everything and of course it will NOT submit. My husband and I were just discussing the fact that Carnival probably makes it so much of a hassle so that people just say "to $%&* with it" and don't redeem it. My hubby is a retired computer engineer and I'm a teacher and we are both very computer literate and some of the stuff on their site is very outdated. I'm going to try to submit the way you suggested and if all else fails I'll go ahead and send it via registered snail mail. Thanks for all the help from everyone!

when they first rolled out the link, many of us here were having to play detective to find the magic combination to get the website to accept our FCCs! Here's the tips I used:

1. Use IE as your browser
  2. Once on the form webpage, but your browser in "Compatibility View"
  3. Requestor put your first name or last name or any comination as long as you don't use a space

To put your browser in compatibility view from the IE menu bar select, Tools - Compatibility View.

I used to work in IT as well as a business analyst, Carnival's site makes me cringe! I could never put something out so buggy!

• 4 months later...
when they first rolled out the link, many of us here were having to play detective to find the magic combination to get the website to accept our FCCs! Here's the tips I used:

3. Requestor put your first name or last name or any comination as long as you don't use a space

To put your browser in compatibility view from the IE menu bar select, Tools - Compatibility View.

I used to work in IT as well as a business analyst, Carnival's site makes me cringe! I could never put something out so buggy!

Need to make this a sticky at the top of the forum.

In the comments field I suggested they hire a web developer.

Doug

• 4 weeks later...

This is why I have a great PVP. I just gave him my certificate number and all was done instantly. As much as I like to just fill things in on-line actually speaking with the same person each time I call is easier to get questions answered and know I'm not dealing with a 3rd party travel agent.

Today I tried to redeem my FCC online, and it wouln't do anything once I hit submit. Thanks to the above poster for these instructions...mainly the "compatibility view". It worked perfect!

That's funny (ironic). I had a credit (percentage) for a future cruise due to a ship's cancellation, and was provided a website to enter the past info, new info, etc. Filled it all in, hit 'enter' and...nothing. Tried again....nothing. Tried a third time...you guessed it...nothing. Called Carnival, transferred to their IT dept. Voila! Credit applied.

That's not very nice. :p

• 1 month later...

I love your comments. So true! And helpful! I was having issues with the form, but I clicked the compatibility view like you said and VOILA, it went through! Thanks!

Like most everyone else said the best way is to call and do it on the phone. At least the FCC is better now than a couple years ago when I HAD to mail the certificate via certified mail which was a hassle and costly.

It was a bit of a pain, since I usually use Mozilla Firefox. But when I used IE, it worked right away. The "requestor" space was a puzzler to me, too! I just put our last name. Our certificate was applied to our booking within three days. And we received $75 OBC for our six-day sailing.

Well, not only did the form go through, but I immediately got an email saying that they received the form and it would be processed in the next 5-7 days. I'm not going to call unless I don't hear anything in the next few weeks. Our final payment isn't due until the end of the month...

We were told we had to send our certificate in, but when I booked my last cruise, the Carnival vacation planner took the number and processed it on the spot. We got the $100 credit on our credit card's next bill.

I took the certificate on the ship with me in case we did not get the onboard credit. It was there the second day, but I think we would have needed it had it not been there.

Excuse me for asking a question that I'm sure has been asked before. I want to book a 2013 cruise for my daughter soon. I am already booked on that cruise. I want to buy a FCC on my 2012 October cruise for my daughter to use on her 2013 cruise. Is it possible for me to buy it and let her use it on a cruise that's already booked?

I already used a Friends and Family certificate on my 2013 booking for me.

Archived