Future Cruise Vouchers - got answers on my cruise last week.

freezerburn

Hi all,

I couldn't find this info before we left but have some to share in case anybody is interested. We had in the past bought a couple of those $100 Future Cruise vouchers which, when purchased at face value and used later, would give you a bonus matching $100 onboard credit on 7 day sailings.

In essence, doubling your money.

We used them, one at a time, on our last two cruises and they were awesome. Come to find out they don't sell them anymore ... there's a 'but'.

IF you book your next cruise during a cruise, they will make you the same offer!

We didn't want to do another 7-day cruise on the Magic (see my Slow service/smelly glass thread), so we booked a 5-day on the Triumph and got a $50 onboard credit per stateroom. Didn't need to pay for the entire cruise, just drop a deposit.

Hope that info helps.

Jesse

Yea you have to tie up more money for the same benefit. Plus your locked in on a ship and dates.

While you are correct Jimmy, there are some folks who know where and when they want to sail again....so booking it onboard instead of 2 weeks later at home, gains them the benefit of OBC too! Still can be a win-win for some (but definitely not for all).

We used the computers on the ship before booking. They let you surf through Carnival's site without paying for the internet package. We discussed where we wanted to go and the cost was absolutely pennies so booking it and committing to the dates weren't an issue for us. We live close to Galveston and don't have to worry about flights/hotels.

Hmmm good question. We got a $100 onboard credit on our Jan 14 sailing (from using our last precious FCC) and the 5-day cruise we booked while onboard for laster this year is where we'll see the $50 credit. I wish I had another true FCC, although something tells me they wouldn't allow more than one credit per stateroom.

Jesse

Archived